★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Trenches - New Features and Fun!

02-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Trenches - New Features and Fun!

Howdy folks!

I wanted to get on here and relay some of what we have been hard at work on in Trenches in an easy to find/explore thread.

New Unit: Engineer! The engineer will be the next unit added and we hope to put him in around the launch of multiplayer. The Engineer will wield a trenchgun (shotgun) and be able to construct defensive barriers and cut barb wire.

Along with all of this, there will be increased customization, such as the ability to turn off artillery.

Come back often as we continue to update this thread!

Last edited by ThunderGameWorks; 05-08-2010 at 01:22 PM.
02-13-2010, 02:47 PM
yes! finally no artillery mode! and multiplayer! i love trenches again!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

02-13-2010, 03:02 PM
the best is internet multiplayer... i have 2 brothers and they too have iphones but rly very hard find time to play with them...

So like gamer and developer i can say that internet multiplayer - rly good feature.. local multiplayer...
02-13-2010, 03:03 PM
Engineer+ Shotgun & Macgyver skills=

He looks and sounds like the most efficient unit yet! Will they also be able to repair damaged trenches?

Love the entire layout thus far from the screens. Will the latest update delete your current campaign mode? More customization will always be great.

Good looks on the update.

Game Center: Diligence

Last edited by GodSon; 02-13-2010 at 03:06 PM.
02-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Trenches is awesome! First post, felt like I had to add some ideas here

(if the ideas aren't there, here are my ideas)
Levels for multiplayer, everytime you win (or kill a solider) you get exp, higher exp you get, you level up, you know how this works. Put in more weapons, put up some defense stuff (mask, jacket, armor, etc.) higher level you are, better weapon/defense stuff you get (or buy from a 'store', required levels and you get money by winning the game (or amount of soliders youve killed)

Just some ideas I thought that'd make Trenches much funner

Rank too, would be awesome if you're doing the idea ^

(My English isn't that good, I hope you guys understood this post :P)
02-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to SirDarkened Send a message via Skype™ to SirDarkened
Hey I love this game and the updates are great, but currently I'm stuck on one of the levels due to artillery I feel it is completely unfair and unbalanced.

Why? Because I have all my troops in 1 bunker and they have literally been there for a few seconds and bam! artillery takes em all out. This just keeps happening over and over while my artillery seems to be A LOT slower.

Dunno is this just me?!?!?

Forum Moderator on the Defender Chronicles forums.
Loving BattleHeart all day baby <3!
Tiny Heroes Professional.
Mage Gauntlet, BEST iPHONE RPG EVER!!!
02-13-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm pumped for multiplayer! However full online would be awesome cause everyone I know who plays iPhone games suck at them

Gamecenter: Will090
02-13-2010, 03:29 PM
What do you think about giving the Engineers a Gas-mask while constructing bunkers and cutting wires? That may sound a little to epic to counter the gas attacks but they are engineers...

Game Center: Diligence
02-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
What do you think about giving the Engineers a Gas-mask while constructing bunkers and cutting wires? That may sound a little to epic to counter the gas attacks but they are engineers...
That is a great idea. Maybe even permanent gas masks? We will look into it.
02-13-2010, 04:05 PM
yaaaaaay!! multiplayer = The best