★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Black Sheep + Lite

01-31-2009, 11:35 AM
Black Sheep + Lite

This looks like it might be a good game, but I can't find much info on it. As far as I know, there are no videos. $4 isn't a bad price if it's good, but it'd be a waste if it isn't.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	16
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	988  
01-31-2009, 11:40 AM
Maybe it's good, it looks like chuck the ball, wich is a very good game, it costs 2.99 and has a level editor. You should go 4 it.

02-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
It reminds me of Chuck the Ball except various icons to turn, stop and make the black sheep jump ahead are placed ahead of time and then you press a start button.

White sheep act as a barrier and they can be walked over if you approach them from a ramp.

The placement is facilitated by system similar to Tiki Towers. An indicator tells where the placement will happen, which is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch away from your fingertip. This makes it very easy, as you are able to always tell where the placement will occur.

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
05-22-2009, 01:49 AM
There is a trailer video available here:

The game has been updated, now featuring:
- improved item picking and placement
- improved camera positon/angle
- improved inventory
05-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by charlierby View Post
There is a trailer video available here:

The game has been updated, now featuring:
- improved item picking and placement
- improved camera positon/angle
- improved inventory
Wow, this thread is old. 4 months later and a new update? Are you the developer?

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-22-2009, 02:15 AM
Yes, I am one of the developers
11-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Black Sheep is a great puzzle game that I found out about recently. The object of the game is to guide/help a black sheep make it to the hole in the fence in each level. To do this you place modifiers (arrows, jumps, stops) on the playing field as commands for where you want the sheep to go, they can be placed anywhere but you have to figure out where to place them in the right spots to make the sheep take the right escape path and maneuver around the obstacles along the way. Each level gives you different types and limited amounts of modifiers that are needed to complete the level. There are also white sheep in the game and they can also be guided by the modifiers, white sheep are used to help the black sheep jump over pits when positioned correctly. You place all the modifiers before any of the action in the game begins and then press GO to watch the sheep move and follow the commands, if you've created a possible path the black sheep will escape, if not you will have to retry until all the modifiers are set up right.

The game starts out easy, the first 15 levels are really easy. After those first few levels the difficulty starts to ramp up and make you think about your choice of moves...a lot. There are 40-45 levels in the game but because the first 15 levels are a breeze to get through I'm hoping the dev continues to add more levels. Another reason why I would like to see more levels added is because the gameplay is fun and addicting.

Black Sheep is a gem of a puzzle game IMO. The game has been available in the appstore for a while now but I'm surprised it hasn't received the attention it deserves, its kind of like a sleeper hit for puzzle game fans. Graphics in the game are just standard, not bad but you won't be awed by the graphics. Puzzle games don't need super graphics to make them great, the gameplay and challenge is where its at in this one. For some reason its easier for me to overlook average graphics when it comes to the puzzle genre. Sounds/Music in the game are good and even a little funny, including animal/nature sounds. Black Sheep is presented very well, everything is setup good and easy to use. Overall I highly recommend this to puzzle gamers looking for a solid and original iphone puzzle game. I'm a big fan of puzzle games and I find this one addicting. 8.5/10
11-18-2009, 12:08 AM
Cool find, Freedog. Made a note of it.
11-20-2009, 04:30 AM
Thank you for your in-depth review of the game!

Rarebyte Game Development
Lemming Rampage: Heaven|Facebook
Other Games: Black Sheep|iPentris|White Mouse