★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: | An App Store Staff Favorite |

| IGN December 2011 Mobile Game of the Month |

"If you appreciate [art]...you will not be able to take your eyes off Drift Sumi-e...an absolutely gorgeous game." - IGN

IGN Mobile Game of the Month

"Overall, the game really stands out for its style and presentation." - Touch Arcade

"breathtaking" - AppSpy

"sheer brilliance" - UrbanRacer.com

"...one of those games that takes you back and you say, 'this game has set a new standard for the iPhone.'" - TopApps.eu

"...thanks to its artistic, meditative nature were given a game that relaxes every bit as much as it entertains." - knowyourcell.com

Welcome to the art of driving.

Experience Drift Sumi-e (su-me-eh): art and driving uncommonly fused into one.

A modern approach on a classic brushstroke art form focusing on capturing the essence of the subject, create a brush line and watch as it comes to life, car gracefully sliding through course.

Featuring:

A groundbreaking gameplay dynamic. See what your brush line reveals.
A sophisticated game engine with true-to-life driving physics.
Beautiful, high-resolution car designs.
10 challenging tracks created by professional motorsports driver and US drift pioneer, Calvin Wan.
Picture perfect environments. Visually stunning courses depict rich and serene anywhere-in-the-world locales.
Deep and rewarding unlock system. Keep coming back for more - see what your first place rank unlocks.
Snapshot and share. Sit back and watch through playback mode, then take snapshots of your run in action. Easily connect with Facebook, Twitter and email to share your art.

Drift Sumi-e (su-me-eh). Start with a raw canvas, finish with a real-world masterpiece.

Add us on:

Twitter: http://twitter.com/DriftSumie
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/DriftSumie

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

TA Preview : 'Drift Sumi-e' to Intersect Art and Drifting
02-15-2010, 07:00 AM
i might get this just for the beautiful art...
otherwise, i dont really see much point of this app. but the art... just so beautiful!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

02-15-2010, 07:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to FK1983
Will there be a lite version for this? would like to try it first ideally as it looks very different!
02-15-2010, 07:02 AM
So basically this is Draw Race with fancy graphics and slower gameplay?
02-15-2010, 07:07 AM
This actually looks pretty interesting.
02-15-2010, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I think it looks good. The art style is really awesome. It adds something new to what drawrace gave us
02-15-2010, 07:26 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to thegamerocks06
This sure looks awesome!
02-15-2010, 07:28 AM
I can already see some serious limitations of this...

1/ Seems to take forever to load up a track
2/ You have to manually swipe the screen to find the best camera angle
3/ Only 8 courses
4/ It just seems rather pointless and dull overall
02-15-2010, 07:51 AM
1. Yeah I much prefer if the camera is automated like in any racing game replay mode.

2. It'll be better if we can save and upload our replays to youtube or something as otherwise this game has no replayability at all. Drawing a curve again and again and again just doesn't look that fun.

3. Track loading sucks. If I make a simple mistake, I want a quick 'restart' button to quickly jump to the line drawing part again, not start from the beginning. Not to mention we have to wait yet again after we finish the line to see the scenery loads slowly.

4. Great idea and presentation style, but it's the case of style over substance.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
02-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Has a nice Zen feel, drawing the line with speed, smooth flow and accuracy takes some skill to get into the upper 90's score wise. I really like the art but a nice soothing Japanese soundtrack is glaringly missing.

A couple of times dragging my finger has not registered and I have had to quit the level and start again. Also if you lift your finger at the end too early the draw process does not finish and you also have to quit to restart. As mentioned there needs to be a quick restart button so that if you are not happy with your attempt you can retry without having to quit out to the main menu.

Whilst I like the concept and style, its glitcyness makes me feels it may have been released a little prematurely and after about 10 minutes I am kind of over it.