★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mix, explosions, chain reactions... Welcome to Mikks, a brand new puzzle game only available on the App Store!

Simple to understand but hard to master, Mikks is the ultimate game experience for action / puzzle lovers. You'll find in Mikks all the required ingredients: nervous gameplay, hypnotic music themes and a wild color mixing mechanic.

With 7 unlockable game modes and game sessions which can be endlessly customized, you'll never let this game down.

The goal of the game is simple: mix the colors to create groups of minimum 3 identical blocks to make them disappear. You have to score as much points as possible before the board gets filled up!

Mix, Explode and Score! This is Mikks!

- 7 intense game modes
- More than 15 parameters and surprises to unlock
- Endless custom game sessions
- 10 achievements to unlock
- 29 leaderboards
- Compete against world records thanks to OpenFeint
- A unique and dynamic music system

Available languages: English, French.

LordGek's comments:

I wasn't that impressed from the screenshots but, by golly, it is actually a pretty original color mixing match 3 game with a zillion variations that all have their highscores tracked separately on OF and locally. A little on the speedy side (you need to react quickly before the screen fills up), but definitely entertaining and definitely worth more than $0!
02-15-2010, 12:26 PM
This looks pretty cool actually. I like the retro graphics. Definitely going to give it a go.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-15-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but tilting does nothing, and touching the screen just males the blocks fall. Swiping the screen also does nothing other than makes the blocks fall.

Whoops. Read the directions. Fun game, challenging too.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

Last edited by pluto6; 02-15-2010 at 12:31 PM.
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but tilting does nothing, and touching the screen just males the blocks fall. Swiping the screen also does nothing other than makes the blocks fall.

Whoops. Read the directions. Fun game, challenging too.
That threw me as well, I understood the color mixing was a big part of it but initially though something was wrong when I couldn't influence the falling blocks.

All you do in this game is mix colors to change the colors of the blocks already landed, you have no control over the guys that are falling so stop trying!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Game Impressions

The shop is a cool aspect as well.

If you noticed when trying to customize your game many of the options are grayed out. To enable those options you need to buy them in the game's shop using the total number of blocks removed so far as your currency (FEAR NOT, no in-app purchases are involved!). The shop will list 3 options at a time with the only way to get new ones to show up is by buying an exiting one. So, at least according to the game's help, you've essentially conquered the game once you managed to buy up all of the shop options.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews