★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready for "alternate", a simple-yet-addictive blend of fast-paced gameplay and absorbing musical landscapes. Tilt your iPhone or iPod Touch to grab as many yellow orbs as you can while avoiding the enemy red orbs. In a jam? Tap the screen to use your alternating ability and reverse the orbs--yellow into red and red into yellow. What were once your enemies are now the way to your new high score, and vice versa.

-Increase your score to unlock more backgrounds, compare scores with friends, or compete for your world-wide rank using our global OpenFeint leaderboard

-Challenge yourself by unlocking all ten of our OpenFeint achievements worth a total of 1000 Gamerscore points

-Perfect for minutes of bite-sized playtime but addictive enough to challenge you for months to come
02-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Thought I might post here and direct you guys to our website where we have our video trailer

http://www.alternate.semnatstudios.com

02-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togeo View Post
Thought I might post here and direct you guys to our website where we have our video trailer

http://www.alternate.semnatstudios.com

Since I hane bought 6-7 games today I will wait for some impressions. It looks like it might be a fun pick up and play game.
02-18-2010, 05:25 PM
If anyone out there has played it let me know what you think, we're open for suggestions on how to make the game better as well as features you'd like to see in future releases.
02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I am digging that water coloring. Really nice.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-18-2010, 05:47 PM
After watching the video I might pick this up. This is a game that the still pictures did nothing for me but watching it in action is a different thing. The only problem is I own a few games like this but this has a more interesting art style.

I guess I could buy this and then delete one of the others, if this ends up the better game.
02-18-2010, 06:05 PM
It reminds me a little bit of starball, but I have not tried it yet.
02-18-2010, 06:12 PM
I just bought this and here are my very quick impressions of the game.

The background art work and the music are fantastic. The concept is really cool and is almost a take on Ikaruga in terms of the color swapping.

That being said, I think that Starball and Glade both play better than Alternate. By game play, I mean that both Starball and Glade seem to be more smooth than Alternate and that is huge in a game like this. I really think that it is just my preference and someone else may think that Alternate is the better overall game. Even after getting the calibration set up better, I just never felt as in control in Alternate as I did with either Starball or Glade.
02-18-2010, 06:23 PM
I'll talk with the team about seeing if we can maybe offer more control options for the people who are used to the way Starball or Glade plays. It might screw with the balance so we'll have to approach it very carefully. Thanks for the impressions! Let me know if you think of anything else.

Last edited by Togeo; 02-18-2010 at 06:35 PM.
02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Alternate is a great pick up and play game that makes good use of the accelerometer. I like how you can unlock different backgrounds as you play. You have to collect the yellow items and avoid the red ones. By tapping your finger, you can alternate the yellow and red items. That is a unique concept that makes this stand out among the others of its genre.