★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mobile Assault is a destructive 3D helicopter shooter where you fight opposing forces for superiority.
Rain powerful ordnance on the enemy as you undertake missions involving tank busting, close air support and aerial defense.

Features:
- Play from a choice of 28 missions or the random map, endless-mode mission
- Online Leaderboard
- Helicopter upgrades
- Call in devastating A-10 airstrikes
- Fly and fight to your own iTunes music collection
- Personal in game statistics of all missions played

Fling compatible. Learn more about Fling at http://tenonedesign.com/fling

GlennNZ's comments:
Hi everyone. Our two man team has finally released our game for iPhone called Mobile Assault.

Taking the blurb from iTunes:
Quote:
Mobile Assault is a destructive 3D helicopter shooter where you fight opposing forces for superiority.
Rain powerful ordnance on the enemy as you strive to complete missions involving tank busting, close air support and aerial defense.

Features:
- 3D Engine
- Play from a choice of 9 missions or the random map, endless-mode mission
- Online Leaderboard
- Helicopter upgrades
- Call in devastating A-10 airstrikes
- Fly and fight to your own iTunes music collection
- Personal in game statistics of all missions played
We're really excited about this. Believe it or not, it only took Apple only 4 days to approve, 2 days of which were the weekend, so kudos to them.

Hopefully the link works for everyone.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Our website is www.codetactics.com for anyone who's interested.

Thanks.
02-16-2010, 12:57 AM
This looks and sounds great!

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

02-16-2010, 01:11 AM
Pics remind me of the old 'Strike' games...looks cool!
02-16-2010, 01:17 AM
Looks good!

hi
02-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Wow! I've only played a bit, but my initial impressions of Mobile Assault are really good. This game has alot to offer, and the strategy/upgrading are very deep and detailed. I've never been the biggest fan of games like this, I've played a few on the AppStore though, and they pale in comparison to this.

More feedback and impressions to come after I've played more, but I'd say if you like these heli war games, don't hesitate; pick this up now

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-16-2010, 02:32 AM
Is there going to be a lite version?

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
02-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Dear developer,

A video would go a long way towards selling your game. If you are interested in selling your game, please make one. In the future, it would serve you much better to have a video available at the game's release, as the release rate of new games to the app store is extremely rapid, and the average punter's attention span is extremely short. You probably just lost a sale.

Sincerely,

Your potential customer.

(Now, I think I am just going to save that and paste it where appropriate.)
02-16-2010, 04:15 AM
I am a total fan of the EA desert strike series dating back to the Sega Genesis. This game comes close but could be improved. The graphics look good and the controls are nice considering the lack of a physical joystick or dpad. The upgrade system is a nice feature also, allowing lots of customization of the chopper. However, I think that the basic missions are in need of more target variety. The missions are basically shooting tanks and/or buildings. I haven't come across any enemy helicopters, sam, aaa sites or ground troops that made the strike series fun. How about rescuing troops also? I know you don't want a carbon copy of desert strike, but it would be nice to be able to blow more varied stuff up. Still fun though. Just my 2cents.
02-16-2010, 09:08 AM

02-16-2010, 02:53 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
looks pretty good

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix