★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

No More Rolando 3

02-17-2010, 10:25 PM
No More Rolando 3

Not that this should come to a surprise for anyone, but Rolando 3 has been officially cancelled

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/106/1069968p1.html

The bad news is that it seems as though ngmoco is planning to continue in the path that we (maybe I, if I an only speaking for myself) do not like, meaning the whole "pay-to-play" pricing model that (arguably) ruined Eliminate.

Rolando 2 still remains one of my favorite iPhone games to date and I for one am very sad to see this news.
02-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlyrefinedpirate View Post
Not that this should come to a surprise for anyone, but Rolando 3 has been officially cancelled

The bad news is that it seems as though ngmoco is planning to continue in the path that we (maybe I, if I an only speaking for myself) do not like, meaning the whole "pay-to-play" pricing model that (arguably) ruined Eliminate.

Rolando 2 still remains one of my favorite iPhone games to date and I for one am very sad to see this news.
Hand circus is the only saving grace of ngmoco and it's a shame to see them go.

02-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlyrefinedpirate View Post

Just wanna say that I called this a month before it came out.

And then I was threatened to be banned.

...Still dunno why...

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
02-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Dissapointing to hear, I now have lost all faith in ngmoco. I believe they have sealed their own fate through this "freemium" BS and I do not see We Rule and GodFinger raking in big profits

Gamecenter: Will090
02-17-2010, 10:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to Bluellama1 Send a message via Yahoo to Bluellama1 Send a message via Skype™ to Bluellama1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
Dissapointing to hear, I now have lost all faith in ngmoco. I believe they have sealed their own fate through this "freemium" BS and I do not see We Rule and GodFinger raking in big profits
Yeah, I'd rather have a full experience at a set price than an empty experience where you need to pay constantly to get the full experience.

"Send a noob to kill a noob."
TFW Hoenn actually confirmed
02-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Pay to play pisses me off. It's not an arcade....

Seriously, this is really dumb. They cancel the one series of games that was actually decent from them.
02-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will090 View Post
I don't know. They're making themselves into the Zynga of the App Store, and Zynga seems to be doing rather well. Fremium, unfortunately, works.
02-17-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm getting tired of ngmoco. Their first few games were really good, and now this whole free app + DLC pay sucks. It seems like they abandoned the extra DLC levels for Star Defense and now Rolando 3. I guess it's more about the money, they're probably earning more than they usually did..

I did like the idea of Rolando 2 first chapter set, then pay for extra levels if you want to play on. It works well this way rather than paying for extra energy cells/food.

EDIT: Rolando was once pulled from the app store for the release of Rolando 2.... remember that..

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.

Last edited by 5duc29; 02-17-2010 at 10:53 PM.
02-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5duc29 View Post
I'm getting tired of ngmoco. Their first few games were really good, and now this whole free app + DLC pay sucks. It seems like they abandoned the extra DLC levels for Star Defense and now Rolando 3. I guess it's more about the money, they're probably earning more than they usually did..

I did like the idea of Rolando 2 first chapter set, then pay for extra levels if you want to play on. It works well this way rather than paying for extra energy cells/food..
Yes, but they don't get you to buy new worlds every week...
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
ngmoco sucks

Last edited by da shiz wiz 19; Today at 10:23 PM. Reason: dammit gadm
Plus+ ID/OP/Xbox and all online stuff: Gadm