★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

RPG lovers and addicts need to get our fix, whats next...

02-17-2010, 11:54 PM
RPG lovers and addicts need to get our fix, whats next...

seems like the RPG lovers have had some downtime since new releases..

don't wanna hear about whats coming in a few weeks or a months or what ever, wanna hear whats coming soon and I mean the next REAL RPG coming soon.

No posers that are just hack'slash posing as RPGs to sell more copies or some ish like that please (to many to name ).

Cool? I need my fix yo! and when I say I need my fix, I mean I REALLY need my fix!
02-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Did you miss Across Age or something?

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

02-18-2010, 12:02 AM
If you really are an RPG lover/addict I hope the iPhone isn't the only platform you own.
02-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Did you miss Across Age or something?
something about running into mobs head first to attack them kinda killed it for me. Also finding my way around the mazes they called maps kinda killed it too and made it seem very linear. Also only two player classes, a warrior and a mage that you HAD to play no matter what didn't make it feel like the RPG I would really expect. If I am missing out on something, please let me know?

still.... need to get my fix, need to know whats next.
02-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
If you really are an RPG lover/addict I hope the iPhone isn't the only platform you own.

def not but it's the only portable platform I own atm
02-18-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquatic View Post
No posers that are just hack'slash posing as RPGs to sell more copies or some ish like that please (to many to name ).
I don't know how you define a "real rpg", but Rimelands might be worth checking out

(we'll be starting a topic for it when we get couple of concept art pics ready)

Kyy Games

Trouserheart - Arcade Action Hack & Slasher
Rimelands: Hammer of Thor - 3D Turn-Based RPG
Cabals: The Card Game - Collectible Card Game
02-18-2010, 09:03 AM
That looks good dicework. I'll be interested to see more about it.

There are entirely not enough turn based RPGs in the Appstore. It's something that always boggled my mind. Turn based seems to lend itself greatly to the portable genre. Take a turn, put it down and do something, pick it back up and take a turn... etc... etc
02-18-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draycon View Post
There are entirely not enough turn based RPGs in the Appstore. It's something that always boggled my mind. Turn based seems to lend itself greatly to the portable genre. Take a turn, put it down and do something, pick it back up and take a turn... etc... etc
This is what's exactly been going through my mind over the past few months. No need to worry about controls, among over things. But instead, devs seem intent on making real-time, grindy RPGs filled with fetch/hunts quests. I mean, I like those games too, but by now, the genre's getting a bit saturated with them. Need more turn-based plz.

'A delayed game is bad for now, but a bad game is bad forever' - Shigeru Miyamoto
02-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Send a message via AIM to tzual
You obviously haven't tried Zenonia or Inotia 2.

Openfeint: Tzual12
GameCenter, Plus+, AGON, Crystal: Tzual

Feel free to add me
02-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draycon View Post
That looks good dicework. I'll be interested to see more about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
This is what's exactly been going through my mind over the past few months. No need to worry about controls, among over things. But instead, devs seem intent on making real-time, grindy RPGs filled with fetch/hunts quests. I mean, I like those games too, but by now, the genre's getting a bit saturated with them. Need more turn-based plz.
Agreed, my next several games will be turn based. Better to play on the go, and the controls are much easier to use on a small screen. Unfortunately the first one is still a ways out, if all goes well maybe it'll be ready by the end of March or early April! I've posted a couple of threads and teaser pics in my own forums if you are desperate for info. Otherwise, rest assured that an Upcoming Game thread and full details will be posted in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!

--- ChronoSoft ---
Support your roguelikes! Play Rogue Touch today!
Spirit Hunter Mineko: Demons Reach --- Work in progress! Follow us on Twitter!