Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 AM

Default Rimelands: Hammer of Thor - a 3D RPG by Dicework and Crescent Moon Games

Rimelands: Hammer of Thor is an upcoming RPG for iPhone from Dicework Games in collaboration with Crescent Moon Games (the developer of Ravensword).

Website

Youtube link | Pop Up

Rimelands Hands-on in TA front page:
http://toucharcade.com/2010/08/02/ri...ands-on-video/

Youtube link | Pop Up

It's a turn-based game, with both pre-designed and random generated dungeons, a non-class level system with three different paths, each with their own talents. You can mix up these paths to create numerous different character builds.

The game mechanics are designed to be very easy to learn, but also complex enough to ensure lots of interesting gameplay.

The story doesn't involve kingdoms in distress or boastful dark lords, but is rather a reminiscent of pulp adventures. There is magic, but there are also flintlocks and all kinds of steampunk paraphernalia.

As for the art -- well, I think the screenshots pretty much establish that

More screenshots

Last edited by dicework; 08-03-2010 at 02:45 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 AM

I'm getting a bit of a Nausicaa vibe here. Needless to say, that would be very, very good.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Ah, the thread finally got created. Looks good, I like the comic style of what I'm presuming to be the intro. Hopefully this will be the first decent turn-based RPG to come out.

Is there any info on the battle system? That's what I'm generally the most curious about in a turn-based RPG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I'm getting a bit of a Nausicaa vibe here. Needless to say, that would be very, very good.
Now that you mention it, I can see the similarities.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:15 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

ooo, this does look to be interesting
Old 02-18-2010, 12:16 PM

Looks very interesting. But what do we have to look forward to in terms of combat and exploration? Single character/party? Puzzles? Etc.
I strongly disagree with the notion that there aren't any decent turn-based RPGs out... but it is true that none of them have high-quality tactical combat.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

RANDOM LEVELS? I'm interested!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:04 PM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
Looks very interesting. But what do we have to look forward to in terms of combat and exploration? Single character/party? Puzzles? Etc.
I strongly disagree with the notion that there aren't any decent turn-based RPGs out... but it is true that none of them have high-quality tactical combat.
Just out of curiosity, what decent turn-based RPGs are there? I will probably disagree with you, but there might be the odd one that I haven't heard of.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduku View Post
Just out of curiosity, what decent turn-based RPGs are there? I will probably disagree with you, but there might be the odd one that I haven't heard of.
He's talking about the Quest and perhaps Undercroft, both of which are turn based, neither of which is very tactical. Funny thing is, there's actually a pretty decent turn-based tactical combat game (in the spirit of FF:Tactics and Disgaea) called Rebirth of Fortune; unfortunately, it lacks all the other trapping of a quality RPG.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isilel View Post
Single character, roguelikish (i.e. you move once, enemies move once), some puzzle elements.

The three level paths all support different play styles and tactics, which can be mixed. The first path leans more towards melee / aggressive play, the second is geared to ranged, mobile combat / stealth play, etc.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Send a message via ICQ to Jarek Send a message via MSN to Jarek Send a message via Skype™ to Jarek

This game looks definately interesting.

The main point of turn-based RPGs is the storyline. Please, remember genre classics like KotOR where storyline was just magical.
I was surpsrised seeing this game in 3D - for me even 2D would be good enough, if I liked whole gameplay.

Decitive will be video, so far - first thought, Dungeon Siege: LoD?

Closed Thread