★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Battle a relentless gang of ruthless foes in a fight to the death! Collect sacred scrolls to restore your life force.
Are you a master of kung fu? Compare your performance against arcade players from around the world via OpenFeint leaderboards.

"Kung Fu Challenge" is based on an exciting new pickup game recently added the full version of Karate Fighter. If you like "Kung Fu Challenge," check out Easy 8 Software's FREE versions of Karate Fighter and Pocket Boxer.

Gameplay tips:
- jump or duck knives and other projectiles
- press any button to shake off wrestlers
- attack while jumping to execute flying attacks
- if the ancient master levitates, take him down to stop his summoning magic
- kick attack dogs
- jump straight up to trick axe men into swinging prematurely
- stun hawks with a well-timed kick/punch
- giants can be picked apart with flying kicks
- duck chain until the moment is right for a counter attack
- avoid contact with serpents
- close the distance with stick-wielding villains, then overwhelm them with fast attacks

Good luck... and remember, a true kung fu hero is not afraid of death. Fight with skill... die with honor.
02-18-2010, 01:08 PM
#2
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,966
Can you say... Kung Fu Master?


Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

02-18-2010, 01:28 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,006
The Kung Fu Challenge Challenge

The game's freakishly hard. To make things interesting, I'm going to run some contests. To start with:

1) First person to describe what happens when you get 100 kills wins $5
2) First person to knock "Karate Fighter" (me) off the top spot of the survival leaderboard wins $50.
02-18-2010, 01:33 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,791
yeah its way hard. why not do a D pad? im ok with the punch, kick.. but man the buttons should be a dpad i think.


ok well ill go for the 100 kills.
chris.

ok iv got like 30+ but man each time you die it gets harder than the first time. laughs.

laughs.. 42! all i can say.. who ever gets 100 kills deserves the 5.00

not giving up yet tho.. just wish it had a d pad but im sorta getting use to the controls.

chris.

Last edited by sid187; 02-18-2010 at 01:43 PM.
02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
1) First person to describe what happens when you get 100 kills wins $5
Openfeint achievement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
02-18-2010, 01:59 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,791
yeah im sure it is.. so far 52 is best i can get.
if you can master the controls you can kick butt.. iv yet to master controls
well i aint give up yet.. ill try for half hour more than i need to charge this ipod.

chris.
02-18-2010, 02:11 PM
#7
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,006
Good guess, but it's not an achievement ;-)

The controls work well once you get the hang of them, but there's a learning curve before they feel natural. The learning curve to handle each of the tactical scenarios (to take out different combinations of enemies) is actually much steeper. 52 kills is REALLY good for only having been playing an hour. Have you encountered the enemy with the chain, yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid187 View Post
yeah im sure it is.. so far 52 is best i can get.
if you can master the controls you can kick butt.. iv yet to master controls
well i aint give up yet.. ill try for half hour more than i need to charge this ipod.

chris.
02-18-2010, 02:23 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
Good guess, but it's not an achievement ;-)

The controls work well once you get the hang of them, but there's a learning curve before they feel natural. The learning curve to handle each of the tactical scenarios (to take out different combinations of enemies) is actually much steeper. 52 kills is REALLY good for only having been playing an hour. Have you encountered the enemy with the chain, yet?
yeah, chain, fireball, axe.. and sword maybe its a stick. the chain guy always kills me.

chris.
02-18-2010, 02:27 PM
#9
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
The game's freakishly hard. To make things interesting, I'm going to run some contests. To start with:

1) First person to describe what happens when you get 100 kills wins $5
2) First person to knock "Karate Fighter" (me) off the top spot of the survival leaderboard wins $50.
f course someone is going to beat you!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
02-18-2010, 02:36 PM
#10
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: the 56th realm of existence
Posts: 5,948
yay! 34 kills!

that's toatally screwy: i had two knife men- one on either side of me as well as a dog. wtf?

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

Last edited by jak56; 02-18-2010 at 02:44 PM.