★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New GTA coming to... iPhone?

02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
New GTA coming to... iPhone?

http://n4g.com/industrynews/NewsCom-269488.aspx?CT=1

well its a handheld on something you wouldnt expect. There;s already a ds one and two on the psp, maybe rockstar saw payback and thought they should compete?
02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipressbuttons View Post
http://n4g.com/industrynews/NewsCom-269488.aspx?CT=1

well its a handheld on something you wouldnt expect. There;s already a ds one and two on the psp, maybe rockstar saw payback and thought they should compete?
Heyhey, another premium app next to NFS?

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

Man they need too! I know they all have iphones and the thought has to at LEAST crossed their minds..i think that the iphone is capable of handling that game!
good point! even if it was i'd buy it!
02-01-2009, 02:21 PM
It's funny how the original PC developer says "It's not likely that you'll see our game on the iPhone because the platform couldn't sufficiently support our game.", then the small time developers make a PC game concept work on the iPhone like Warfare Inc. on iPhone (Starcraft PC) and Payback on iPhone (GTA on PC) then soon after the developer of the original jumps on board, "We're bringing our game to iPhone" Nature of the beast...

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
02-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandog View Post
It's funny how the original PC developer says "It's not likely that you'll see our game on the iPhone because the platform couldn't sufficiently support our game.", then the small time developers make a PC game concept work on the iPhone like Warfare Inc. on iPhone (Starcraft PC) and Payback on iPhone (GTA on PC) then soon after the developer of the original jumps on board, "We're bringing our game to iPhone" Nature of the beast...
hmm i agree but im worried for the small developers, i mean the average person will choice the big name no matter how bad it is over an excellant game by and small dev. i think car jack streets should release before this
02-01-2009, 02:35 PM
hmmmmm... interesting.

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions, but I could definitely see this happening, especially now that the app store "might" be getting the $19.99 section.
02-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipressbuttons View Post
hmm i agree but im worried for the small developers, i mean the average person will choice the big name no matter how bad it is over an excellant game by and small dev. i think car jack streets should release before this
Car Jack Streets WILL release before GTA-Touch (?). GTA is Rockstar's most treasured franchise so there'll be little chance of it being rushed out anytime soon. If it is indeed and iPhone game, then I'd say expect a development time closer to NFSU if not longer.
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
GG, right after I buy Payback. Yay! I wasted 6 bucks!

Now Playing: Doodle Jump, Card Ace, Blackjack, GTA, We Rule
Looking Forward to: Bioshock iPod
Recent purchases: GTA
02-01-2009, 02:48 PM
ok true ^^

im surprised this thread hasnt had much posts, i found this to be big news and well conformation, people doubted the mgs teaser website and look! it is an iphone mgs (kinda)