★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: New Racer - "BMW Z4 - An Expression of Joy" - coming

02-01-2009, 02:27 PM
New Racer - "BMW Z4 - An Expression of Joy" - coming

Quote:
Artificial Life Signs License Deals with German Premium Car Manufacturer Developing "BMW Z4 - An Expression of Joy" for the iPhone

Los Angeles / Hong Kong, January 28, 2009 - Artificial Life, Inc., (OTC BB: ALIF), a leading full service provider of award winning mobile technology, games and applications, today has signed a global exclusive license agreement with BMW to produce "BMW Z4 - An Expression of Joy" for the iPhone and iPod touch, featuring an intense driving experience and a 3D configurator for the new BMW Z4 Roadster.

Using precise full 3D computer-aid design (CAD) materials provided by BMW, Artificial Life's production team will produce exquisite 3D models and animations of BMW's new Z4 series. Players will enjoy an authentic car configuring and driving experience on their iPhone and iPod touch. They will be able to view every aspect of the BMW Z4 Roadster in a highly detailed 3D model where they can break the entire car down to the unique components and customize it according to their preference.

"BMW Z4 - An Expression of Joy" will fully utilize the advanced features of the iPhone and iPod touch. The motion sensor and touch screen of the device will enable multi-control game play. Steering, multi-touching and swiping will be used to virtually drive the digital versions of the new BMW Z4 Roadster and will simulate realistic control of the vehicle in the game. The game will also include the dynamic sounds effects recorded from the real BMW models.

To follow the BMW Z4's "An Expression of Joy" campaign, players will be able to "draw" using the wheels of their car. They will be able to choose different colors of paint and as they drive the BMW Z4, the tire tracks will create drawings as if they are creating brushstrokes on a canvas. The landscapes in the game will be crafted with high quality 3D vector graphics. The upcoming title will let players feel as if they are actually behind the wheel of a BMW cruising at high speed and creating art at the same time.

This title will be the first car game to be produced by Artificial Life. A simplified free "lite" version of the game will be released in March 2009 pending third parties' approval, during the official Z4 presentations at the BMW Markenschaufenster in Berlin & Munich, Germany. The full version of the game is tentatively scheduled for release in June 2009 pending approval.

"BMW is always looking for innovative and effective communication channels. For a long time the game market has delivered new products and technologies closer to the consumer. Additionally this game perfectly fits with the key intention of our brand "Joy". We are pleased to have created a high quality innovative game title with the "BMW Z4 - An Expression of Joy" to accompany our BMW Z4 marketing campaign. We look forward to a successful cooperation with Artificial Life, the worldwide leading developer of mobile games," said Andreas Schwarzmeier, BMW Sports Marketing & Cooperations.

"We are very excited to be releasing our first car title and thrilled that the featured vehicle is the brand new BMW Z4 Roadster! Car racing games have an everlasting attraction to gamers of all ages and are very well suited for the iPhone and iPod touch platform. We are honored to partner with BMW to add another top quality title into our iPhone and iPod touch game library," said Eberhard Schoneburg, CEO of Artificial Life, Inc.
Original Artificial-life press-release, here

Do u want to drive BMW on your iphone?

Just to add something to post, Leaked Z4 image:

Last edited by shkudt; 02-01-2009 at 03:07 PM.
02-01-2009, 02:30 PM
meh, why not, it could be ok, i hope it's free.

02-01-2009, 02:32 PM
I WANNA DRIVE A BMW!! hopefully it will be like or better than Ferrari GT

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
02-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng View Post
meh, why not, it could be ok, i hope it's free.
A simplified free "lite" - March 2009
The full version - scheduled for June 2009
02-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shkudt View Post
A simplified free "lite" - March 2009
The full version - scheduled for June 2009
lol, i should have read the article.
02-01-2009, 02:59 PM
Send a message via MSN to synagence
Hopefully it'll be better than the crappy Audi game
02-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Some reason I think of "porsche challenge" from the ps1, I would love a game like that on my Touch.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab
02-01-2009, 03:14 PM
I hope this game should be closer to Ferrari GT, not crappy Audi dont forget, they also developing Red Bull Air Racer.
Couple weeks ago they announced about 10 more iphone games, and 3 of them already have very promising screenshots, look here (flash)

Last edited by shkudt; 02-01-2009 at 03:20 PM.
02-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Damn!

Love that car!

Yummy