★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The newly released FREE version of the iTunes Featured smash hit game.
Recommended on IGN, Touch Arcade, Joystiq, PocketGamer, SlidetoPlay, TapCritic and countless other sites. Avg of 4.5 out of 5 STARS Worldwide!!

Slide to Play: 4/4 Must Have! "you owe it to yourself to experience the 80's magic that still shines today!"

JoyStiq: 14th Dec 'iPhone it in' app of the week

IGN: "a fast ball right over my plate! If you're a retrogamer you'll have a blast!"

PocketGamer: "one of the most inventive and unique experiences seen on the App Store"

Touch Arcade: "of the laserdisc games available on the iPhone Cobra Command is by far the most impressive"

Touch Arcade: "at this price it's a game anyone even remotely intrigued should snag!"

TapCritic: "an incredible job and an absolute steal! Amazing! A must buy!"

------------------
Also Available: Arcade classic "Karate Champ" for iPhone. Coming Soon: The Sequel to Cobra Command - ROAD BLASTER
Send a blank email to devteam@revolutionaryconcepts.net to be first to know about the release details.
------------------

Cobra Command FREE

In 1984 Data East released what was the most cinematic and immersive gaming experience the world had ever seen, an arcade machine called Cobra Command that featured movie-like visuals and surround sound that were years ahead of their time, to put you in the pilots seat of a futuristic attack helicopter.

Now 25 years on Revolutionary Concepts and licensor G-mode bring that same game in all it's glory to the iPhone and iPod Touch!

Better yet, the addition of touch screen controls, tilt steering, enhanced h.264 widescreen video, vastly improved graphics, unlockable awards and online scoring, makes for a game unlike anything you've likely ever experienced.

Incredibly this is only possible on the iPhone and iPod Touch and not todays most powerful gaming consoles.

Video Preview: http://bit.ly/70Z7g8

Note: Cobra Command FREE provides players the opportunity to experience the entire New York level free of charge, with the opportunity to upgrade to the TEN level Paid version directly via in-app purchase! A must have timeless classic for your retro collection, available now for less than the cost of a coffee!

The world is under attack and you are in command of the most awesome combat machine ever designed! Armed with sophisticated weaponry your ultra modern Cobra Attack Chopper will take you flying around the Statue of Liberty and through the streets of downtown New York, in your quest to rid the skies of a terrorist threat.

In addition to enjoying the complete New York level free of charge players have the option to purchase the 9 additional missions that can be found in the paid version - ranging from Easter Island to the Pacific Ocean, the Middle East, and everything in between.

In your quest you will find you are engaged in combat with a seemingly never-ending stream of enemy combatants, who will throw everything they have at you including helicopters, jets, bombers, tanks, ships, gun emplacements and rocket launchers, with more than a few surprises along the way.

While you view the action from the relative comfort of your cockpit, you engage each of these enemies on a kill or be killed basis.

Get ready for the ride of your life!
Not for the faint hearted, Cobra Command will redefine your idea of what is possible on the iPhone. But remember, saving the world wasn't meant to be easy, and only the best will survive ;)

Note: Cobra Command FREE provides players the opportunity to experience the entire New York level free of charge, with the opportunity to upgrade to the 10 level Paid version directly via in-app purchase.

Revolutionary Concepts's comments:
Finally cleared review
A special remix of the original paid version, the new FREEmium version is intended to introduce the joys of classic laserdisc gaming to a wider audience.

It features:

- Inclusion of the entire New York level for FREE
- Enhanced Tilt Controls
- New Super Easy Mode
- 8 minute Video Tutorial
- Online Scoring
- Ability to unlock entire game through 1 time in app-purchase.
- Optional Cheats
- New 'More Apps' section which updates to show previews of new titles.

Hot off the press it should be available for FREE downloading here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cobra-command-free/id352260885?mt=8

We hope that at this price FREE you'll try an enhanced classic from the 80's that you may not have heard of or otherwise have felt you couldn't afford to take a chance on.

As the best example of its genre we hope you enjoy!
*More to come soon!
02-18-2010, 08:03 PM

02-18-2010, 08:04 PM
The game looks nice
02-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Cool must check this out. "FREEmium" ...gotta love that Appstore lingo!

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix
02-18-2010, 08:16 PM
freeminum == nickle and dime you to death. heh

chris.
02-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Ha! We hears ya Sid.
That aint us - no costly virtual dog food or energy packs here. Never!

Actually it is a way to test out the game then buy the full game IF you decide to, and/or buy a cheat pack if you struggle to get to later levels (unlocks em). No strings no catch.

Last edited by Revolutionary Concepts; 02-18-2010 at 10:50 PM.
02-18-2010, 11:41 PM
I think freemium is PERFECT for this game. I love the artwork and it seems cool but I heard there's a steep learning curve to the controls. That's why I've shied away from it. Now I can try it and see if it's something I want to keep.
02-18-2010, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionary Concepts View Post
Ha! We hears ya Sid.

Actually it is a way to test out the game then buy the full game IF you decide to, and/or buy a cheat pack if you struggle to get to later levels (unlocks em). No strings no catch.
that is way i hope the trend turns. i downloaded this and i never would have other wise thanks

total money spent in app store sence 8-15-08
last music download: EL CREEPO!Todd Smith is putting out some amazing stuff
GAMECENTER = eyemh8 add me
02-19-2010, 12:41 PM
So how much free space is actually required to install this free version? The filesize is 363 megs, and I cleared off some stuff from my iTouch, having 700 some odd megs free. Tried installing, but iTunes told me it couldn't be installed because there's not enough free space.
02-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionary Concepts View Post
Ha! We hears ya Sid.

thats good to know. yeah the dog food is always what comes to mind when i read freemium.
and for the record as iv said many times on here i do not mind dlc if they are fair. i understand you all have to eat too and we all could use a cute blond in a new sports car

chris.