★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

NOVA revisited

02-18-2010, 08:15 PM
NOVA revisited

I previously review this game here and all the gameloft fanboys came crying afoul. However, after playing this game some more and comparing it to the true masterpiece that is CoD:Zombies, I couldn't have hated gameloft more for ever charging anything over $.99 for such a boring game.

If you want to talk about great graphics, controls, and amazing gameplay, CoD is where it's at. Gameloft's pathetic attempt at putting Halo on the iphone is a massive failure. Not only was this game nothing like halo with the exception of the stolen gun designs and environments, it did not have any of the fun/interesting aspects of Halo.

At the end, NOVA is now at the bottom of the most grossed list in the app store while CoD continues it's relentless assault even with a new, rather expensive map.

CoD shows gameloft how to make a real shooter. Hopefully they learned something.

Last edited by helmania; 02-18-2010 at 08:18 PM.
02-18-2010, 08:23 PM
I think that CoD is thriving due to name recognition. Call of Duty is one of the hottest franchises right now. When you see that name come up, even if you don't play games, you have some idea of what it is. It helps to drive the impulse sale.

Nova is a fine game, but isn't called Halo. If it were, you'd see it higher on the paid apps list.

Tyler Williams - Video Producer
Website | Youtube | tylertv.net@gmail.com |
App Videos I've done

02-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmania View Post
I previously review this game here and all the gameloft fanboys came crying afoul. However, after playing this game some more and comparing it to the true masterpiece that is CoD:Zombies, I couldn't have hated gameloft more for ever charging anything over $.99 for such a boring game.

If you want to talk about great graphics, controls, and amazing gameplay, CoD is where it's at. Gameloft's pathetic attempt at putting Halo on the iphone is a massive failure. Not only was this game nothing like halo with the exception of the stolen gun designs and environments, it did not have any of the fun/interesting aspects of Halo.

At the end, NOVA is now at the bottom of the most grossed list in the app store while CoD continues it's relentless assault even with a new, rather expensive map.

CoD shows gameloft how to make a real shooter. Hopefully they learned something.
Uh.... Okay. Wrong place though. Should go in game discussion.
I personally like NOVA more. That might just be me though.

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2
02-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Hmm, the whole N.O.V.A. is gonna be HALO for iPhone pre-release hype was a bit of a misconception though, wasn't it? And personally I found the game to be hugely enjoyable in its own right.

Anyway each to their own, It'll all be about BiA 2 versus CoD soon...

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix
02-18-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm sorry but NOVA was a complete waste of the entire 2 hours total I put into it. I found the game horrific and only those who are easily impressed apparently like it. No offense to anyone. The trailer for BiA2 looks terrible. I will make sure I stay FAR away from this one.
02-18-2010, 08:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylertv View Post
I think that CoD is thriving due to name recognition. Call of Duty is one of the hottest franchises right now. When you see that name come up, even if you don't play games, you have some idea of what it is. It helps to drive the impulse sale.

Nova is a fine game, but isn't called Halo. If it were, you'd see it higher on the paid apps list.
100% on target.

Twitter: @back2this
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
i only agree on BiA2... the graphic looks worse then N.O.V.A.! But i like nova. blasting off those small turtle robotic things.
02-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmania View Post
Only those who are easily impressed apparently like it. No offense to anyone.
The juxtaposition of those two thoughts just makes me laugh.

Hey, helmania, you can go f*ck yourself. No offense.
02-18-2010, 08:31 PM
If your impression hasn't changed, why make a new thread? Other than that you're a troll.

I think the games are comparable in quality.
02-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
The juxtaposition of those two thoughts just makes me laugh.

Hey, helmania, you can go f*ck yourself. No offense.
squarezero, fancy that! I knew the gameloft zombies would eventually come out. Where did I put that ray gun now?