★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What is so great about multiplayer?

02-18-2010, 11:11 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 490
Send a message via AIM to Bok Choy
What is so great about multiplayer?

I'm tired of people complaining and asking for multiplayer for every. Single. Game. Even top down shooters and puzzle games in which multiplayer wouldn't even make practical sense or be any fun. Yet people still continually ask for it. I find it very amusing and just thought I'd post a little rant. How do you view it?

Playing! MC2: Black Pegasus, Super Mega Worm, Parachute Panic, Fruit Ninja, Sonic 4, Reckless Racing, Samurai II: Vengence
@parkerewan
02-18-2010, 11:12 PM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bok Choy View Post
I'm tired of people complaining and asking for multiplayer for every. Single. Game. Even top down shooters and puzzle games in which multiplayer wouldn't even make practical sense or be any fun. Yet people still continually ask for it.
because why play with yourself, its always fun with the most amount of people..IE mag, 128 vs 128, biggest console FPS every

The Life Blog
Minecraft

02-18-2010, 11:14 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 228
I only asked for multiplayer on one game if that makes you happy, plus it is more fun.
02-18-2010, 11:17 PM
#4
The fact that it adds a lot of replay value when you have beaten the game, also, playing with real humans is real fun. When you say kill someone in a multiplayer FPS, you can go "haha I pwnd you" which will make no sense if you're beating the CPU.
02-18-2010, 11:23 PM
#5
Dude, multiplayer just makes every game amazing. Would Halo (2/3) be good without multiplayer? Would CoD be good without Multiplayer? How much would you like rerunning through the campaign in NOVA over and over again instead of playing with some of your friends online?
02-18-2010, 11:32 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Q. What is so great about multiplayer?

A. Multiplayer.
02-18-2010, 11:35 PM
#7
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
because why play with yourself, its always fun with the most amount of people
True
02-18-2010, 11:36 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
True
YES! someone got it

The Life Blog
Minecraft
02-18-2010, 11:50 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,248
He's asking about multiplayer in top-down shooters and puzzle games... I think you guys are definitely not getting what he's trying to say.
02-18-2010, 11:51 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
He's asking about multiplayer in top-down shooters and puzzle games... I think you guys are definitely not getting what he's trying to say.
well still, its fun....idk bout puzzles but top down shooters

The Life Blog
Minecraft