★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

We have decided to remove any overtly sexual content from the App Store

02-19-2010, 12:58 AM
We have decided to remove any overtly sexual content from the App Store

toady I recieved 7 letters from apple, my 7 novels have been removed from sale

Dear Orangefish.INC,

The App Store continues to evolve, and as such, we are constantly refining our guidelines. Your application, invisible girl, contains content that we had originally believed to be suitable for distribution. However, we have recently received numerous complaints from our customers about this type of content, and have changed our guidelines appropriately.

We have decided to remove any overtly sexual content from the App Store, which includes your application.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. If you believe you can make the necessary changes so that invisible girl complies with our recent changes, we encourage you to do so and resubmit for review.

Sincerely,
iPhone App Review

but the fact is, if there is one word talking about sex in this novel, I will kill myself!!!!!

why, apple removed it without read it frist?

I have to resubmit them, but before that, my novels were in top book free in some country, I guess after that,I will lose my position.

so sad and angry about what had happened

and more sad and angry to find out so many sexy pic apps still there, apple,what are you doing?
02-19-2010, 01:00 AM
They are realllly crackin down, they removed my rng app that had girls in bikinis in it. Not a big loss though, it was only pulling in 20-40 a day worldwide.

Water Your Body (ON SALE $0.99)
http://apps.google.com/#1iPhoneApp
Tic Tac Pro (FREE)
New and Noteworthy!

02-19-2010, 01:22 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravetarget View Post
They are realllly crackin down, they removed my rng app that had girls in bikinis in it. Not a big loss though, it was only pulling in 20-40 a day worldwide.
20-40 a day worldwide? pretty good numbers if you ask some developers.

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series
02-20-2010, 07:33 PM
Well guys they also removed my game called Manga Strip Poker who have only bikini girl at the end as well but the worst part is they still have in app store playboy apps and much worster they have Sexy poker 2009 that is another competitor of my title , the only 'little' differenceis that it is from gameloft ... is this democrazcy I don't think so...
02-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobyOneKenoby View Post
Well guys they also removed my game called Manga Strip Poker who have only bikini girl at the end as well but the worst part is they still have in app store playboy apps and much worster they have Sexy poker 2009 that is another competitor of my title , the only 'little' differenceis that it is from gameloft ... is this democrazcy I don't think so...
I reported Sexy Poker to Apple, I wonder if and how long it'll take to get removed.
02-20-2010, 11:52 PM
wow, they even took off Daisy Mae.
02-21-2010, 09:36 AM
after I wrote apple a letter to tell them there is no such thing in my book, they restored my book now

but my book is no longer in top free book

guess just bad lucky
02-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Why even have the 17+ rating? I downloaded an update for iKarmasutra yesterday how is that not removed it was updated to add descriptions on performing sexual acts!
02-21-2010, 05:08 PM
This is the dumbest thing that Apple have done in a long time.

@Fwish, I just downloaded your book. Sorry ya lost your top spot.
02-22-2010, 04:04 AM
It's the American way. Killing is fine, sex is taboo.

How about this new game description (released today). Apparently selling drinking style games to the kiddies is fine:

Quote:
Alcohol Frenzy [New release - $.99]
Hi Fellows,

We just released our first game and we are really excited about it.

The game is called "Alcohol Frenzy" and it's pretty simple: You have to throw a piece of lemon to the air, drink all tequila shots and catch the lemon before it hits the plate!