★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In Meltdown you play Emgee, the nuclear power station's safety control robot. You work inside the core reactors and ensure that they operate correctly. Unfortunately, the power stations are getting old and rusty and running into a poor state of repair making them increasingly hazardous places to work - far too dangerous for humans!

Your day starts badly when all 5 core reactors start to move towards meltdown! But what makes today a particularly bad day is that due to a malfunction, your legs won't stop moving! Bouncing into walls is your only way to change direction. Fortunately, your super powerful spring loaded jump still works, as does your jet pack. (Phewww!)

Shut down 2 out of the 5 core reactors in each nuclear power station to save each one from going into a state of meltdown. Press the safety shutdown buttons before time expires, avoiding vats of reactor coolant, hazardous electric currents and radioactive Gremlins.

Only you can save us from nuclear meltdown. Good luck...you'll need it!

* Unique Simple Control Method - hard to master!
* 100 Different Levels
* 3 Difficulty Settings
* Game Center Achievements & Leaderboards - compare progress with friends and the world
* Hazards including Vats of Reactor Coolant, Electric Currents, Radioactive Gremlins
* Hidden Cooling Rods - find them all for extra time!
* Original Music Track
* Superb Sound FX
* Multi-Language - Support (English, Francais, Deutsch, Italiano, Espanol, Nederlands)
02-19-2010, 02:07 AM
100 different levels? 1 dollar? Crystal? Sold!

02-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverOnFire View Post
100 different levels? 1 dollar? Crystal? Sold!
Any impressions?

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride
02-19-2010, 06:23 AM
omfg

100 levels for a dollar. if i hadnt just spent ~ 30-40 dollars on apps in the last few days, i'd insta buy

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
02-19-2010, 07:25 AM
I have been waiting for this to come out. I bought it and played the first few levels and so far, it's great for the price.

Your goal in the game is to find all of the red buttons and turn them off in the nuclear power station. There are 2 modes of play- Easy and Hard. Meltdown has both puzzle elements and platforming elements. You only have a certain amount of time to compelte each level. The controls are simple- your character keeps moving until it bumps into something and then it goes the other way, much like Toki Tori. You hold the screen to charge to fill up your power meter, and release to jump.

For 99 cents and 100 levels, this is a must have for any fan of puzzle platformers.
02-19-2010, 07:45 AM
I am tempted although I did not get into Toki Tori that much. Is it like Rat on the Run with puzzle elements?
02-19-2010, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I am tempted although I did not get into Toki Tori that much. Is it like Rat on the Run with puzzle elements?
Yes, Meltdown is like Archibald's Adventures and Rat on the Run with puzzle elements in terms of gameplay. I think you would enjoy it
02-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
If you like Rat on the Run (Donut Games) I think you will like this. The graphics are pretty cool and there are a ton of levels.
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Why is it that if you fail one of the 5 missions in a sector, you can't go back and replay it? Very odd, unless I'm missing something.
02-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
Why is it that if you fail one of the 5 missions in a sector, you can't go back and replay it? Very odd, unless I'm missing something.
I noticed that too. However, when I failed, I had saved four and failed one, so maybe the over all area is clear? I wonder what happens if you fail more than you save, maybe you get to do them over?