★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: nabil chatbi
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 16.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: Welcome to Zombie Line!

Protect the girl from the flesh-hungry zombies while she goes home, you're the hero, immune to the attacks of the zombies but your energy is linked to that of the girl, and you have a mission to save the girl from the attacks of the many zombie encounter during your journey, how long can you hold out ?
Manage well the 17 different weapons if you do not want the girl to become zombies chow !

Zombie Line, created with an original graphic ever seen so far on an iPhone,it will garantee you a fun endless !!!
Is recommended to play with headphones to fully enjoy the atmosphere created during the game!

FEATURES:

- 17 different weapons including gun, machine gun, shotgun, rocket launcher, tanks, bombs and more.

- Possibility to change the color of the entire game.

- Set the audio volume of FX and Music.

- Smooth animations and spectacular original graphics ever seen so far on the iPhone!

- Very simple and intuitive touchscreen controls.

- AutoSave your progress after each level.

scinfu's comments:

YouTube: video
02-19-2010, 08:57 AM
First saw this in the upcoming games section last week and new I'd be getting it. A quick look at screenshots and you should be able to figure the controls. Left/right arrows to move, the crosshair looking button to shoot, the button that looks like a dust pan is actually for placing proximity mines, the health bar is the girl's health (you're apparently invincible), and change weapons by tapping the gun next to the health bar.

Playing a level consists of moving from left to right while defending the girl from zombies. I played for maybe 15 minutes and came across 4 types of zombies so far. As you move through the level you pick up boxes that contain ammo and get money by killing the zombies.

In between levels you go to the shop to buy health, bombs, and weapons.

The outline graphical style is different, simple, and I personally am a fan of it. On the main screen there's a "color" button that you tap to choose what color you want the outline to be. I think there were 8 preset options as well as what I'll call a color matrix where you can choose a custom color.

It runs smoothly, looks great, has an upgradeable variety of weapons (love how the dude holds the shotty), side scrolling gameplay, zombies, and a price tag of $.99... This was a no brainer for me. Compliments to the dev. Nicely done.

Also, I don't know why I thought of this but to those who play it, would you think it'd be cool to be able to play your own music and set it so that the color of the outlines change to the beat of the music? I may be alone on that bit thought I'd ask.

02-19-2010, 09:46 AM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Embedded *Dusts off his hands*

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys
02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to scinfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by z0||b1_G-zus View Post
Also, I don't know why I thought of this but to those who play it, would you think it'd be cool to be able to play your own music and set it so that the color of the outlines change to the beat of the music? I may be alone on that bit thought I'd ask.

nice idea but I think it's good for a rhythm game.
02-19-2010, 03:35 PM
syncing now !!!! can't wait to play it!!!!!
02-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Very interesting graphic. Haven't seen such game before. I will download and play this game. My final review will post after few hours playing.
02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
i think it will be better in "neon style"
02-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Does this game track your high score or is it level based with failure at a level simply meaning you can endlessly replay the level until you pass it?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Looks interesting...
02-19-2010, 08:43 PM
Holy 80s TV flashback, Batman. It's like La Linea, only ... undead.

Youtube link | Pop Up

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko