★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

"Tennis" or "Monkey Tennis"

View Poll Results: Tennis or Monkey Tennis
Tennis 4 18.18%
Monkey Tennis 18 81.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll
02-19-2010, 05:12 AM
"Tennis" or "Monkey Tennis"

Hi,

Morgan here, aka Sauce Digital/SDGames. First off, exclusive news (well apart from AppDope.com obviously) ....... my next game is going to be a touch controlled 3D Tennis game.

Im midway through the game engine, but though I would get a general feel for how you guys feel about whether to keep it a straight tennis game, or theme it around Monkeys.

vote away, and please leave any other thoughts you might have.

cheers

Morgan
02-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Definitely Monkey Tennis. Sounds more unique and memorable.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

02-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Monkey Tennis sounds more fun and... yeah, unique.
02-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WunDaii View Post
Monkey Tennis sounds more fun and... yeah, unique.
Yeah, the reason i didnt just go for that is i was wondering if it would put of sports game fans, who might not think it has the sporting playability.
02-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce Digital View Post
Yeah, the reason i didnt just go for that is i was wondering if it would put of sports game fans, who might not think it has the sporting playability.
Well the Monkey version would look more appealing, and with recent releases, the iPod touch doesn't seem read for full-on sports games.
02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Everything is better with a monkey.
02-19-2010, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce Digital View Post
As a sports game fan, monkey-themed tennis probably wouldn't go for me. But the number of casual game fans who might pick it up because of the monkey aspect probably far outweighs the number of sports gamers looking for an iPod/iPhone tennis game...
02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
I think Monkey Tennis is the better pick, but don't name it that. It needs a better name. Maybe Chimp Swinger or something.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
02-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlejumper View Post
I think Monkey Tennis is the better pick, but don't name it that. It needs a better name. Maybe Chimp Swinger or something.
Leisure Suit Larry: Chimp Swinger?
02-19-2010, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowAndy View Post
Leisure Suit Larry: Chimp Swinger?
Secret Agent: Larry Chimp Swinger!

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero