★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Are you ready for some submarine action on your iPhone?

02-19-2010, 05:42 AM
Are you ready for some submarine action on your iPhone?

If you are a fan of high powered action games, thereís not much you can do on iPhone considering the limitations of touch screen controls. But, of course, this didnít deter the developers from bringing up challenging games on to the iPhone screen. A recent addition to the iPhone action brigade called the DarkSonar proves this point quite well. It is the latest and most happening game that struck the Apple store.

iTunes Sales URL :

If you like being the captain of a war ship or a fighter plane, DarkSonar feels like itís been made just for you! Except you would be steering a war submarine this time. Honestly, how often do we see an action game with full on underwater action? Much like a Third Person Shooting game, DarkSonar allows you your own submarine through which you will track the enemy bases and ships and destroy them. The stealth of the submarine comes to play in the game as well, not alarming your enemies till youíre in position to attack. Of course, as you successfully complete missions, itíll only get harder with enemies attacking you from all sides. DarkSonar brings you some allies too, as you progress. In some missions you will have to defend a mother ship from sinking while in some, you will be teaming up with some deadly allied forces to wage a combined war. The enemies could get brutal too, joining their own allies, using advanced weaponry and planning their attacks stealthily. But, worry not. You will get a chance to upgrade your weapons after every mission. Attributes like speed and damage will increase with every upgrade. Your ship is originally equipped with a few weapons, but if you ace a mission, it will be upgraded with newer and more powerful arms. The weapons which can be changed during the course of the game include torpedo, homing mine, bomb, decoy, etc.
There are a total of 14 exciting missions you have to work your way through in DarkSonar, on par with any action game on iPhone. The most gratifying part though is the graphics in the game, the fluidity of the objects, the backgrounds and, of course, the uninterrupted action. You would think managing a big bulky submarine would not be as fun, but just play and see. You will love the mean machine and the grace with which it takes down bigger meaner ships and submarines, with interesting and powerful weapons nonetheless. Another big plus for DarkSonar is that it is no small game by any means. The missions are challenging and it is no mean feat finishing all of them.

Dark Sonar - Submarine Battle Game

Lite Version : Free
Category: Games
Released: Feb 09, 2010
Version: 1.0
1.0 (iPhone OS 3.0 Tested)
4.9 MB
Languages: English
Seller: Seoung woo Choi
© Copyright (c) 2010, TriApps
Rated 4+

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMVPXK3lHAw
02-19-2010, 07:35 AM
How many times is this going to get posted as a new release? I believe this is the third time under a new heading.

Munkie!

Looking for a cool sig.
02-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Wow i downloaded it and its very addicitive i cant put it down omg you guys must download this
02-19-2010, 03:20 PM
It's NOT a submarine game. Just a shooter with a semi naval semi high tech UI.
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamansimba View Post
Wow i downloaded it and its very addicitive i cant put it down omg you guys must download this
heh that sounds like a shill. def worthy of a istore review.

chris.