★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

App Store Premium for OS 4.0 ? What do you think?

02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
App Store Premium for OS 4.0 ? What do you think?

Guys, let's talk about the old rumored App Store Premium.

Here is my vision,

(Fake vision of the Premium Icon)

What is the App Store Premium?

The App Store Premium is a new additional revisited App Store.
In the App Store Premium, you will have only the best games or apps available to the app store. In two word, there will be the traditional "app store" and the new "app store premium" icons available.

How it will work for the developers?

It's simple, a quality rules is required for this new category. Every developers can ask to be part of the app store premium but if the application is not responding to the quality chart, the app will not be validate. If the dev want to be in the Premium, they must improve the app.

The goal of the App Store Premium is to force the developers to make good app and games.

That's all beneficial for the customers, for the "true" developers and can generate more moneys for both camps, because the price can be a little more higher.

The App Store Premium will also featured a "random of the day" category where 20 games is randomly picked ( except of those who are allready in the top 25) the change will be made every day to give a chance to the good developers to be know. (that's the moral point !)

Benefical for the customers means: no more crap, no one screen app stuff, no more compilated sdk example with one modification to personalize the app and make illegal Mario soundboard stuff in one day, etc... Just good stuff.

The premium charts can be : good interface, good design, good sounds, nice design, clear mainscreen, many levels, etc. A quality control just like the Sony PSP or others...
All rejected app will be followed by a explication in order to give the chance to the dev team to improved the issue.
Other will, they must submit the application in the traditional App Store.

I really like the idea... What do you think?

Bubble Nervous and Paradise Monkeys is now available on the App Store ! VETASOFT

Join us at the Vetasoft Facebook Page's for exclusive news, reviews, previews and more...
02-19-2010, 08:32 AM
I thought I was the only one who had :0

lol

Touch Arcaders Against Piracy


02-19-2010, 08:34 AM
A premium section in the App Store itself would be better, no need for a seperate app.

Twitter Tumblr

Game Center ID: mvanbeem
02-19-2010, 08:42 AM
What iMario said. Why on earth would customers go to the "regular" store if they knew there was one next door where they could be certain to get only quality stuff?
02-19-2010, 09:00 AM
@gatorsxrule: I just fake the screen with photoshop, what's your screen about? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
What iMario said. Why on earth would customers go to the "regular" store if they knew there was one next door where they could be certain to get only quality stuff?
In my own opinion is to force developers to migrate to the premium and to have a perfect clean App Store, for once and for all.

That's all we want, right?

Bubble Nervous and Paradise Monkeys is now available on the App Store ! VETASOFT

Join us at the Vetasoft Facebook Page's for exclusive news, reviews, previews and more...
02-19-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriVetasoft View Post
In my own opinion is to force developers to migrate to the premium and to have a perfect clean App Store, for once and for all.

That's all we want, right?
If that was what I wanted I obviously wouldn't have made Farting Boobs!

I still don't see how this would pan out. Eventually Apple would have to maintain a separate store no-one cares about, and they can't really rename the Premium Store to just the AppStore later on without confusing the public.

I believe part of the problem today is Apple's emphasise on sales-figures. Yes, it's the traditional way of compiling these kind of lists but it's also a guaranteed way of getting sensationalist crap up there. If Apple could device some kind of well thought out rating/sales-figures formula and put a list based on these criterias front and centre I believe it would solve most of the problems I as a consumer have with the AppStore.
02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
The "Feature" sections already cover this ground, don't they?
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm 99% sure some people give 1 stars to every app they get regardless of quality
02-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravity Jim View Post
The "Feature" sections already cover this ground, don't they?
Well, the ratings don't seem to support this.
02-19-2010, 09:40 AM
i hate the idea of having two apps.

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.