★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Depict - Open Feint Pictionary game now Free

02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Depict - Open Feint Pictionary game now Free

Well, we finally got some attention last week from Apple! We were featured in the "Hot New Games" list for a week. Of course as soon as we were featured our online user count shot up so high that we needed to upgrade our server Because of that we went ahead and made the game 99c for a few days to try and recoup some of those costs.

Gladly we brought in a little bit of money from that and have ALMOST paid for our server costs (yay!)

Granted, that means we haven't made any money on this guy at all... But, what-the-heck, we'd rather people play it and like it than charge for it and only have 10 people to play with.

So with that in mind we've moved our price back down to Free with a hope that people want to support us through the in-app purchases

Happy Gaming.

Tim Moser - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Ultimate Multiplayer Pictionary Game
Get Depict on iTunes
Like Depict on Facebook
02-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Send a message via AIM to Bluellama1 Send a message via Yahoo to Bluellama1 Send a message via Skype™ to Bluellama1
Is there more in app purchases? I bought the first two immediately.

"Send a noob to kill a noob."
TFW Hoenn actually confirmed

02-19-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluellama1 View Post
Is there more in app purchases? I bought the first two immediately.
Not at the moment. Thanks for your support though!

Tim Moser - Developer, Makeshift Games
Depict - The Ultimate Multiplayer Pictionary Game
Get Depict on iTunes
Like Depict on Facebook
02-19-2010, 04:38 PM
I like Openfeint scores and achievements storing. I will try this game.
02-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Send a message via AIM to Bluellama1 Send a message via Yahoo to Bluellama1 Send a message via Skype™ to Bluellama1
Wow. Before I would never see more than 15 people online and I would play with the same people constantly. Now there is 200+ people on. AWESOME! I still have only played solo lightning rounds.

"Send a noob to kill a noob."
TFW Hoenn actually confirmed
03-07-2010, 02:01 AM
This game has managed to consistently entertain me, I hope you guys make the profit you deserve for such a gem. I think I might need to buy the avatar creator, for the sake of support (I don't really get how the creator works). Lightning Round is interesting. Hope more DLC is released soon, i'm really sad to hear you guys aren't banking in like I had assumed.
03-13-2010, 06:14 AM
I think this game needs a lot more attention, it's superb. I hope more people download and play it, the more the better, and it's FREE.
I purchased the Lightning Round add-on but how do I play it?
03-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Is there any way to dock people for writing the answers during their turns? Cheating like that basically ruins the game for me.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
03-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Is there any way to dock people for writing the answers during their turns? Cheating like that basically ruins the game for me.
I agree, it makes the game a bit pointless. Perhaps a system should be in place where if someone reports a cheat, everyone else in the game has to agree via an on-screen prompt. If they do then the cheater is docked all the points in that round.
03-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewomble88 View Post
I agree, it makes the game a bit pointless. Perhaps a system should be in place where if someone reports a cheat, everyone else in the game has to agree via an on-screen prompt. If they do then the cheater is docked all the points in that round.
I like that idea. The last time I played, however, everyone in the damn game except me was cheating!

But I guess if there was the threat of a dock hanging over the game, people would be less likely to start cheating, and that would mean much less people cheating as a result of resorting to that to stay in the game. Monkey see, monkey do and all that.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms