★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dead Strike came back from the death. Updates: new levels, new survival mode, Co-op.

02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Dead Strike came back from the death. Updates: new levels, new survival mode, Co-op.

Yes,
We are back from the death. We got support and supplies (money) from a partner. So here we go:

New small update (v1.2.2) out now, to fix current game crashes/bugs.
For an unknown reason, some textures do not compress to iPhone PVR format, taking lot of memory and increasing the game pool dramatically to a point were a single stuff added makes the game crash. Fixed.
We also fixed other several bugs: mist bug, player invincibility bug and other memory and speed related bugs.
We also add more speed to characters and zombies, so you can complete level faster.
Note: The speed update on characters will not take effect until you finish your current level or making a new game. This have to be done only once.

Next update (v1.3), Objective and missions! Rescue survivors! Enhancement to the AI system. Zombies will jump over obstacles and avoid them!

Next update (v1.4), survival mode, indoor and outdoor levels. Objective and missions! Rescue survivors! Blood patch! Yeah, we gonna get rid of that ugly purple one (current blood system). Sorry kids, the game goes quite gore now.

Followed by the most awaited update (v1.5) from everyone. MULTIPLAYER CO-OP MODE. Sorry my keyboard goes auto-cap on this.

As you provably know, Dead Strike is free now, we are getting nice visibility on the App Store free section, we are getting crazy free sales numbers. We are 11th now in USA and most countries we are in the top 10 list. In Japan we are in the 1st-2nd position. But we need money to continue future updates. We are quite sure that this game could become a super hit with few updates!
Regards to everyone and happy iPhone gaming!

Last edited by tatoforever; 02-22-2010 at 06:20 PM.
02-19-2010, 05:15 PM
thats cool

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

02-19-2010, 05:20 PM
WOOT! Multiplayer Co-Op!! AND IT'S FREE

the epic has landed!

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
02-19-2010, 05:21 PM
02-19-2010, 05:27 PM
Welcome Back!

I'm Really really glad you have come back to update the game. I've told a few friends and family members to pick up the game and told them it will be a game we can play multiplayer on only to find out you abandoned the project. Now that your going to continue back onto the game i know a few more people who bought a 3GS who would love this game.

This game is now back on track to being one of THE best game on the app store.

Any reason for the change in the direction you chose?
If you don't want to post thats fine, But whats important is your back to Deadstrike!

When to use A or An in a sentence.
Use A if the next word begins with a consonant sound.
Use An if the next word begins with a vowel sound.
**Game Center** Nekcik
02-19-2010, 05:29 PM
Glad you guys are continuing this game, it Was good the way it was, but not good enough to get to the top 25. Maybe you will finally get some recognition

edit: are you guys going to fps view?

Touch Arcaders Against Piracy


Last edited by gatorsxrule; 02-19-2010 at 05:32 PM.
02-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekcik View Post
I'm Really really glad you have come back to update the game. I've told a few friends and family members to pick up the game and told them it will be a game we can play multiplayer on only to find out you abandoned the project. Now that your going to continue back onto the game i know a few more people who bought a 3GS who would love this game.

This game is now back on track to being one of THE best game on the app store.

Any reason for the change in the direction you chose?
If you don't want to post thats fine, But whats important is your back to Deadstrike!
Three reasons:
We got a bit of money from a partner.
We and you (iPhone gamers) know that this game could become a super hit with few small updates.
We promised to Dead Strike users updates that unfortunately never saw the day light because of money, also few marketing and design mistakes that we made. But anyways we are on track now. Hard at work (don't worry about Forgotten Memories i have few guys working on this powerful psychological unique survival horror hit).
Best regards from Psychoz Interactive team.
02-19-2010, 05:50 PM
This is great news! DeadStrike 1.2 is good, but the bugs kill it. Looking forward to the updates! (Again :P)
02-19-2010, 06:03 PM
I was soooo happy when I read the title of this thread!
Welcome back.

[ERROR<:>/ insert witty saying here/>]
02-19-2010, 06:09 PM
wooo thank god! caaaaant wait