★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: :: New And Noteworthy : U.S / U.K / Canada / Japan / Etc.
::What's Hot : Deutschland / Denmark / France / Italia / Portugal / Sweden / Rest of 30 countries.

* Experience the extremely addictive Puzzle Quest game already enjoyed by over 60,000 player from around the world!

"Very easy to play, intuitive and addicting. For fans of match 3 games and RPG, this is a must have. It is a pick up and play version of Puzzle Quest", "This is a very creative game that involves a bejeweled like twist where instead of up and down, you move in a hexagon, and take away gems diagonally. Get this game while you can, because this is the one of the best cross-overs i have played! -- from customer review --

A puzzle action title which breaks the mold of previous games.
Can you handle the Devil Invasion? Just you try!!

Feature

1. Skills : Tons of skill combinations (theologically,12x11x10)
2. RPG factors : Journey & growth [Level up(1-12lev) & 12skills upgrade(1-9lev)]
3. Sound : Drum of storm, beating your heart!
4. Rollercoast riding thrill : Blow up all the screen & bust the Mobs through your brain & finger.
02-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Looks like Puzzle Quest... could become popular. I was hoping we'd get a few more of these since the official Puzzle Quest port was kinda lame.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

02-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Looks good, and I think I will bite. Will post impressions sometime later.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Looks like Puzzle Quest... could become popular. I was hoping we'd get a few more of these since the official Puzzle Quest port was kinda lame.

I agree. I am very surprised more Match 3 RPG/Adventure games haven't been released. I will pick it up and try it out tonight.
02-19-2010, 06:16 PM
OK - some quick impressions after just playing through the first 2 matches.

Game seems like it will be very fun for people who enjoy Match 3 type games. There are several things that distinguish this from your typical match 3 games -

- Like puzzle quest - there are some RPG elements - you have different spells that you can choose from that one their meter is filled, you can activate the spell for damage, or whatever.

- The grid is hexagonal, so instead of moving tiles in 4 different directions, you can move them in 6 different directions.

- Different meters fill depending on the color stones that you match -attack, defense, spells, money, etc.

- Like Montezuma Revenge, Smiles, and others - match as quickly as you like, you can move around the board creating matches, while matches are still happening at other areas.

- Multiple difficulties - I have not tried this, so can't comment. There are numerous casting skills, etc - also not tested.

Very enjoyable from my few minutes spent so far - I can see playing this a lot this evening before bedtime. In the mean time - as long as the length is reasonable (I have not idea) this is going to be a very nice Match 3 type game, and is worth getting.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
02-19-2010, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
- Like Montezuma Revenge, Smiles, and others - match as quickly as you like, you can move around the board creating matches, while matches are still happening at other areas.
You had me at "hello" with this comment.

Thanks for the review.

/bought

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-19-2010, 11:39 PM
This is a pretty amazing game. I haven't played a lot... but the first impression of the few rounds that I played showed a little strategy and some pretty cool rpg elements. Its like what puzzle quest galaxtrix should have been. Plus it has a very cool art design.

I would suggest this to anyone who is a fan of puzzle rpgs and at 99 cents its a steal.
02-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Well based off of everyone's impressions I just picked this up as well. Perfect game for my wife, as she totally loves Puzzle Quest
02-20-2010, 02:32 AM
As much as I love puzzle quest, might give this a try
02-20-2010, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
OK - some quick impressions after just playing through the first 2 matches.

Game seems like it will be very fun for people who enjoy Match 3 type games. There are several things that distinguish this from your typical match 3 games -

- Like puzzle quest - there are some RPG elements - you have different spells that you can choose from that one their meter is filled, you can activate the spell for damage, or whatever.

- The grid is hexagonal, so instead of moving tiles in 4 different directions, you can move them in 6 different directions.

- Different meters fill depending on the color stones that you match -attack, defense, spells, money, etc.

- Multiple difficulties - I have not tried this, so can't comment. There are numerous casting skills, etc - also not tested.

Very enjoyable from my few minutes spent so far - I can see playing this a lot this evening before bedtime. In the mean time - as long as the length is reasonable (I have not idea) this is going to be a very nice Match 3 type game, and is worth getting.
Oooh, sounds cool from this. I think I will get it as my current favorite match 3s are Aurora Feint 2, Smiles, and Treasures of Montezuma, which this seems to have differing elements of each.

Btw, I do think you were talking about Treasures of Montezuma, not Montezuma's revenge, which is a slang term for diarrhea?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms