★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Grind v1.3 Skateboard Game ($0.99 for limited time)

02-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Grind v1.3 Skateboard Game ($0.99 for limited time)

[App Store Link]

See v1.0 thread here.

Compare also: Vans-iphone game test demo

Quote:
!!! NEW TRICKS ADDED !!!

Grind is the most advanced full 3D skateboard simulation on the iPhone/iPod Touch. Featuring two game modes (Stunt Park and My Park). In Stunt Park, shoot for a high score as you race against time in a prebuilt park. In My Park, fully customize your experience with ramps, jumps, and rails. Your edited park configuration is automatically saved and can be customized anytime. Glide your player through fast action grinds and amazing air jumps and tricks. As the speed increases the action increases, also the chance for an amazing realistic wipeout. Bandages not included.

Features:
- Amazing in-air tricks.
- Create a course.
- 3D graphics.
- Crash physics.
- 2 game modes.
- Highscores.
- Beautiful scenery.

For feature requests, specific comments, installation problems, or any other questions go to WebGames3D.com. We want your input and feedback. At WebGames3D.com we pride ourselves at listening to customer suggestions and improving the gaming experience.

What's new

- Music plays through whole game.
- Added music on/off switch in help menu.
- Improved touch control.
- Improved scoring system.
- Fixed skateboard rotates incorrectly when grinding.
- Added a fade between levels.
- Added new trick.
- Added brake/stop feature.
- Added momentary trick points display.
- Added pause button.
v1.0 Gameplay video

Youtube link | Pop Up

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 02-01-2009 at 09:56 PM.
02-01-2009, 09:51 PM
Has the game play improved greatly?

I remember the original thread for this game, seemed a lot like 99 cents should have been the normal price, if not free.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-01-2009, 09:54 PM
I havnt purchased yet, but I commend the devs for sticking with it, updating, even with some very rude early iTunes reviews. Seems like their ratings have gotten alot better since updating.
02-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I"ll wait for some more reviews.
02-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Same, I'll wait for reviews. I wish devs would stop trying to make realistic graphics. The iPhone just can't pull it off.
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Same, I'll wait for reviews. I wish devs would stop trying to make realistic graphics. The iPhone just can't pull it off.
I don't quite follow that based on the actual specs of the device, rather than the shortcomings of many 3D games that have been pushed to the App store prematurely...

Touchgrind has realistic graphics, but is limited to a top down view only. The developers in fact had planned to incorporate a 3D perspective window, but felt it took up too much screen real estate. I am all for devs trying to push the limit...

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 02-01-2009 at 10:56 PM.