★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Chris Egerter
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 30.4 MB
  • Version: 2.5
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Puppet Jump 3D is a cross between Little Big Planet and Doodle Jump.

NEWS: Use the new BRAG button to brag about your height on Facebook and Twitter!

Be sure to get the other two games in the puppet series, Puppet Sprint and Puppet Labyrinth!

USER QUOTES
"Kicks Doodle Jump's butt!"
"Fantastic take on the whole jump genre"
"Graphics and art style are some of the best on iPhone"
"League of its own"

FEATURES
Jump ever higher on platforms while collecting Puppet Points which can be used to customize your puppet and surroundings. As you get higher you'll encounter moving and breakable platforms to test your leaping skills.

Customization is extensive with the ability to change your puppet's body, hat, eyes, mouth, material and choose from 10 different backgrounds to give almost a million unique combinations.

The game has bluetooth local multiplayer and internet based through Game Center.

MORE GAMES
Mech Pilot, Real Zombies, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing, Puppet Jump, Fishing Hits, and more!
Visit www.RockingPocketGames.com

JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
-On Facebook at www.facebook.com/RockingPocketGames
-On Twitter at twitter.com/RockingPocket

ataloss's comments:

The DLC, whilst not advertised, costs $1.99. This allows you to:

1) Buy new costumes and scenes
2) Post your high scores
3) Get more content from future updates

...no extra content is downloaded upon buying the DLC - I guess it just unlocks more of the game.
02-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Very nice graphics and if executed properly can be a big hit, I'd kill for a version of little big planet, but that's hard so I'd take a doodle jumped little big planet with tons of rag doll parts... So what's the problem?

The control is horrible, no calibration, nowhere near the pinpoint precise control of doodle jump, there's some weird inertia going on after your tilt that makes it impossible to control.

Please fix the controls add more stages and maybe this can become a hit

02-20-2010, 08:26 AM
I noticed it's harder to control on iPhone 3G. Some kind of lag going on and it performs differently. Works better on iPod touch and iPhone 3GS. I'll be looking at improving it.

I don't think the game needs calibration because only one axis is used.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
02-20-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm running on an iPod Touch 3g and I agree that the game needs a calibrate button. That way whether you are standing up or lying down, the accelerometer will work properly. Also, the framerate is a bit off and it does not run that smooth at times.

So far, those are my only concerns. The shadowing looks great and the graphics are amazing. A few tweaks and Puppet Jump could rise through the charts!
02-20-2010, 11:17 AM
I am submitting version 1.1 this morning. The momentum has been decreased and controls improved. The camera will now go below where you've been so you can see what's below you. I also added a ground base so when you first start playing you aren't jumping on air.

BTW Puppet Sprint and Puppet Labyrinth are already in development!

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
02-20-2010, 12:20 PM
Is this still in the store then? When I check on my touch it brings up the name but when I click on it, there are no matches.
02-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Is this still in the store then? When I check on my touch it brings up the name but when I click on it, there are no matches.
Use this link:

http://toucharcade.com/link/http://i...352779383?mt=8
02-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
I am submitting version 1.1 this morning. The momentum has been decreased and controls improved. The camera will now go below where you've been so you can see what's below you. I also added a ground base so when you first start playing you aren't jumping on air.

BTW Puppet Sprint and Puppet Labyrinth are already in development!
So no calibrate option? Hopefully with improved controls we won't need one. Puppet Labyrinth sounds interesting, I would love to see some screenies if you have!
02-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know what kind of leaderboards this games uses ?
02-20-2010, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Does anyone know what kind of leaderboards this games uses ?
OpenFeint but I think you can only post your high scores with the full version DLC.

Last edited by Touchgamer3g; 02-20-2010 at 12:41 PM.