★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Confused: The Quest

02-20-2010, 01:57 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 337
Confused: The Quest

I have The Quest-Gold, and I have seen several new releases. What else do I need to purchase to get the "complete" experience? Also, I heard te addons will merge, however I have never had experience with this.

Any clarification would be geatly appreciated....
02-20-2010, 02:41 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 595
I don't have the gold edition, but i'm pretty sure you need to but mithril horde. Just download the expansion, open it, then you can go back to the main app and it should have added to it.

02-20-2010, 02:47 PM
#3
All you do is open the expansion game. In the menu there is an option to enable expansion in the quest. Click on it and it will open the quest and directions will pop up.
02-20-2010, 02:52 PM
#4
The Quest Gold includes the first three expansions, which are: Hero of Lukomorye 1 and 2, and Islands of Ice and Fire. There have been two more expansions since, which are Mithril Horde and Hero of Lukomorye 3. I'm pretty sure that's it but I could be wrong, I haven't actually bought it yet, I've just been doing "preliminary research." :P
02-20-2010, 06:31 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
The Quest Gold includes the first three expansions, which are: Hero of Lukomorye 1 and 2, and Islands of Ice and Fire. There have been two more expansions since, which are Mithril Horde and Hero of Lukomorye 3. I'm pretty sure that's it but I could be wrong, I haven't actually bought it yet, I've just been doing "preliminary research." :P
You're correct. All up, there's about 200 hours of gameplay for less than $20.
02-27-2010, 02:16 AM
#6
If you want the full experience that is coming, it's better to have the base game The Quest, cause we are working on a lot of expansions for iphone but they won't be playable with a save file from the Quest Gold from what I've been told. Not my fault. : )
02-27-2010, 02:23 AM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catacomber View Post
If you want the full experience that is coming, it's better to have the base game The Quest, cause we are working on a lot of expansions for iphone but they won't be playable with a save file from the Quest Gold from what I've been told. Not my fault. : )
That's incorrect:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil / Redshift View Post
You can install any expansion you've bought into both The Quest and The Quest Gold.
03-07-2010, 01:21 AM
#8
My understanding is--unless I'm wrong--and I hope I am--

you can install any of the expansions into either--yes, there's no question about that

---BUT can you transfer your save file from the Quest to the Quest Gold or vice versa

if you've played the Quest and the official expansion and then purchase and install the Quest Gold, can you transfer your save file from the Quest--I understand you can't but if that's wrong, I'm very happy to be corrected. : ) Naturally I'm happy if as many people as can are exploring the expansions as possible.
03-07-2010, 01:28 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 197
Why would an expansion work on The Quest but not The Quest Gold?

I really hope this doesn't happen.
03-07-2010, 01:29 AM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos999 View Post
Why would an expansion work on The Quest but not The Quest Gold?

I really hope this doesn't happen.
They are two different applications--two different files. I'm just reporting what I was told. Maybe someone could try it? I can't.

The answer is very simple--I'll write Elendil at Redshift. I wrote him--and it's not a question of an expansion working on either file but whether your SAVE FILE from one works on the other. I will find out. : )

Last edited by Catacomber; 03-07-2010 at 01:54 AM.