★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 3 in 1 game. Caper was featured in New & Noteworthy section worldwide.

The only 3D free run game on Appstore.
The only game on appstore where you control the enviroment and not the character.
Free Run game with a twist of platforms.
No Red Card, no penalty, just RUN, JUMP & GOAL a kick-ass time on Caper.

Caper 3d has three games

US Appstore Reviews

" Out of all the free running games this one really stands out " By Strato G

" A pretty cool Canabalt-style game that's really not too easy. I'm very glad that the developer gave us multiple control modes and view modes " by Caladell

There are three modes of play: Level Mode which is the regular mode in which you run and jump to beat the 20 3D levels, God Mode in which you have to control the environment instead of the character and prevent him from falling, and Run for Life which is where the player runs in a side scrolling environment to reach the target.

Surprise Element

We have not marked behavioral ingame objects to add a surprise element to the game. This added a a good feature to our game and also added lot of fun to the gameplay. We wanted our users to try something new and we wanted to be unique in that approach. This has added a thrilling flavour to our game.

Level Mode Show-off your styles. Run, stop and jump and have fun while completing 20 unique 3d levels. Each level has got special gameplay areas which convert the gameplay into puzzle, adventure, action and strategy

Play God - Control the environment instead of character and save him from falling off the platforms while he is struggling to reach the destination. Touch or tilt the device to move environment left, right, forward and backwards

Run for Life - A side scrolling race mode in which player has to reach the target using simple controls.

The game system is designed in a way to give a maximum level of satisfaction and value to customers money. While playing the game player can choose various combination of options from setting function, to enjoy 20 unique experiences

Three sets of controls to choose from: keypad, accelerometer and flick

Squeaker's comments:
Looks good.

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Looked pretty cool, so I picked it up. Will post impressions in a few...

Ok, overall, a pretty cool Canabalt-style game that's really not too easy. I'm very glad that the developer gave us multiple control modes and view modes. I think the game is made harder with the overhead/topdown views, and much more manageable with the side view. As for the controls, touch controls work best for me, as I wasn't able to control my jump height very well with the swipe method.

As for game modes:
Level mode has you running and jumping to get to the last platform in the quickest amount of time and fewest tries.
God mode is really weird. The character runs and jumps by himself, and you touch and slide the screen to move the platforms so that the character will land on them. Rather confusing, and hard to do because the character jumps rather high, and it's hard to tell where he's going to land, making it difficult to get the platform under him.
Run For Life mode is kind of a standard running mode where you just try to make it as far as you can. Seems like a set course though, and not randomly generated like a lot of the other games are.

Only a couple sounds, so not much to comment on there. Music is a short loop, so it can get annoying rather quickly. Graphics are kept quite simple, and the character animation is quite good. Also uses Open Feint for leaderboards.

I'm pretty pleased with this; definitely worth the 99c, and that's after playing for only a little bit

Last edited by Caladell; 02-20-2010 at 11:59 PM. Reason: impression posting

02-21-2010, 12:23 AM
picked it up... looked pretty cool from the videos. Played it for a little bit and I like it.

First time I have ever been first on a leader board maybe its because no one has played it yet.

Will play some more and get back to you, but from the first impression I like it!!!
02-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the impressions. Sounds like it can be interesting. Half day more to decide before the sales ends.
02-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Yeah, this does look fun. I'll be getting this

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
02-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
Yeah, this does look fun. I'll be getting this

Let me know what you think. I am not sure from the video.
02-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Has Sony or MMR said anything about using a variant of LBP's "play, create, share" campaign slogan yet?
02-21-2010, 03:07 AM
If only the icon looks a little nicer (even simply removing the name could do the trick)

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
02-21-2010, 03:28 AM
This game looks beautiful, really tempted to pick it up.
02-21-2010, 03:31 AM
Love the colourful graphics.