★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Best games to play on an elliptical

02-02-2009, 10:54 AM
#1
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 393
Best games to play on an elliptical

So I go to the gym for lunch every day and hop on an elliptical for 45 minutes. Most of the games I like are actually really hard to play while on there, as my constant motion makes it difficult to do anything too intricate. Like most TD games don't work.

Currently I find the best games that I own to play while in motion are Strategery (because the land areas are big enough to click easily) and Wordjong (because you can sit the thing up aganist the machine on the magazine rack and just contemplate the words easily).

Anyone else play games while doing anything like this and have some fun engaging games that are easy to play wile you are in motion?
02-02-2009, 11:07 AM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
Pigs a Pop'n or Mystic Jewels should work.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,411
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennfusion View Post
So I go to the gym for lunch every day and hop on an elliptical for 45 minutes. Most of the games I like are actually really hard to play while on there, as my constant motion makes it difficult to do anything too intricate. Like most TD games don't work.

Currently I find the best games that I own to play while in motion are Strategery (because the land areas are big enough to click easily) and Wordjong (because you can sit the thing up aganist the machine on the magazine rack and just contemplate the words easily).

Anyone else play games while doing anything like this and have some fun engaging games that are easy to play wile you are in motion?
Scoops! Sorry I just thought it would be funny to see someone attempt to play this on an elliptical.

Personally I use Pandora 90% of the time and TED the other 10% when on the elliptical.
02-02-2009, 12:02 PM
#4
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 858
Ha, I have an elliptical that I barely use because the TV in that room is broken. I've been thinking of fixes, like setting up my laptop (sound might be too low) or watching a video on my iPod touch (where to put it??). I recently considered trying to play games, but I wasn't sure how that would work out. I might give it a try... I have Strategery already. (I don't like working out to just music. It bores me, unfortunately).
02-02-2009, 01:31 PM
#5
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Ha, I have an elliptical that I barely use because the TV in that room is broken. I've been thinking of fixes, like setting up my laptop (sound might be too low) or watching a video on my iPod touch (where to put it??). I recently considered trying to play games, but I wasn't sure how that would work out. I might give it a try... I have Strategery already. (I don't like working out to just music. It bores me, unfortunately).
I am exactly the same...music I have to have, but it is not enough to engage me. I don't like to read while on the machine either. Just hard to find games that are easy to play while on it.

Today I tried Quordy and that did not work well.
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: California, USA
Posts: 2,143
I go to the gym every other day and have thought about this too. For now I just crank Megadeth or Disturbed or whatever is on my "ass-kickin workout" playlist. That keeps me going!

But I think Poker Live would be easy enough to play. I dunno I use the machine pretty hard, I couldn't concentrate on much else. Maybe i'll try some experiments today.