★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Wurdle vs WordsWorth - Need help deciding!

02-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Wurdle vs WordsWorth - Need help deciding!

I realize that there have probably been a skillion threads about comparing word games, but I couldn't find one specifically comparing these two games. I'm trying to decide between wurdle and wordsworth, and I just wanted a little feedback on which one you think is better and why. Mainly I'm looking for a game to keep me occupied in class tonight.

As of now, I have textropolis and stitchem', both of which i thoroughly enjoy. I'm looking at expanding my horizons and moving on to more word games, so which one of these two do you think is better?

Last edited by Seien; 02-02-2009 at 01:08 PM.
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Either game is great. Wurdle is more fun to me because it duplicates the Boggle game that I love.

Last edited by dwsolberg; 02-04-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: made the writing less muddled

02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
depends on if you like boggle or bookworm more.....

personally I like wordsworth better.

Twitter: @Zincous
02-02-2009, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seien View Post
I realize that there have probably been a skillion threads about comparing word games, but I couldn't find one specifically comparing these two games. I'm trying to decide between wurdle and wordsworth, and I just wanted a little feedback on which one you think is better and why. As of now, I have textropolis and stitchem', both of which i thoroughly enjoy. I'm looking at expanding my horizons and moving on to more word games, so which one of these two do you think is better?
I really like both game. Wurdle is played against the clock and Wordsworth played with no rush(they just added a mode that is against the clock though).

Wurdle is more customizable. You can change the number and style of the tiles. Wordsworth is what it is.

The tiles in Wordsworth vanish and new ones appear when you make a word. In Wurdle, they stay the same (makes it possible to make multiple words from plurals, etc).

Those are the main differences. I like them both. I tend to play Wurdle more, just because it feels like a more traditional word game. Both are worth getting though.

Last edited by NotYou; 02-02-2009 at 11:35 AM.
02-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
depends on if you like boggle or bookworm more.....

personally I like wordsworth better.
Same here. I prefer wordsworth.

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
02-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
Wurdle is played against the clock and Wordsworth played with no rush(they just added a mode that is against the clock though).
Actually that's only partially correct. Wurdle now has an option to play without a time limit. In this mode, it gives you the total number of words possible and you have to try and find as many as you can without worrying about running out of time. However, with some extremely obscure words that no-one has ever heard of, it is virtually impossible to find every single one.

Me? I actually prefer Wordsworth because I like the fact that more letters drop down, with 'wild-card' blocks and timer blocks etc.

However, I do agree with others that both are very good and you will be happy with which ever one you choose to get. If you can get both, then do so.
02-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seien View Post
I couldn't find one specifically comparing these two games. I'm trying to decide between wurdle and wordsworth
As others have mentioned, this is because these games aren't really comparable. Wurdle and Quordy are fundamentally similar. But Wurdle and Wordsworth are basically different games. To me, while both games feature timed and untimed modes, Wurdle is better suited and more fun for quicker (timed) games, and WorthsWorth for relaxed (untimed) games.
02-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Send a message via AIM to superbad
I prefer WordsWorth. Wurdle looks a little bland for me.

PLEASE Visit The APPera | Follow Me Superbad24 | Follow The APPera Tweets
LOST. Let Go. Move On. Zing!
**GO LAKERS **
02-03-2009, 01:41 AM
I also prefer WordsWorth. I keep going back to it. I also have Wurdle but I never play it.
02-03-2009, 01:47 AM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
wordsworth > lexic > wurdle > quordy > all else

Imangi is worth a look as well, imo, but has little to do with the others. I mean, besides making words.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here