• Publisher: 10tons Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.6 MB
  • Version: 1.6.8
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.4 (8)
App description: Pop the Orbs and Save the World on your iPhone or iPod touch!

REVIEWS

"Highly polished and easily recommended action puzzler."
toucharcade.com

(5/5) "It's a blast."
gamepro.com

(5/5) "Sparkle has wonderful details and exciting gameplay."
appsafari.com

(4.5/5) "Sparkle has taken over the throne as best marble shooter in the App Store. MUST BUY."
appadvice.com

DESCRIPTION

Get ready to save the Crowberry Woods in this marble shooter hit!

Banish the Orbs of Darkness with your Orb Slinger by tapping where you want your orb to land. Match three same color orbs to make them disappear. Match more to earn amazing Powerups! Don't let the Orbs of Darkness fall into the abyss!

Discover more than ten powerful Amulets like Firebolt throughout your journey. Use the Amulets to clear some of the trickier challenges. Embark on an extraordinary journey and reclaim your land!

FEATURES

- Enjoy hours of top quality action puzzling
- Travel through Crowberry Woods and discover more than 10 powerful Amulets
- Use over a dozen powerups
- Game Center Achievements
- Magnificent soundtrack (check the trailer!)
- Uncover the 12 secrets of the woods. Hint: Butterflies
- Wide selection of different hand crafted levels
- 3 game modes: Quest, Challenges, and Survival.
- Includes colorblind mode.

Check out the gameplay trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHQUI9R8mPI

Vovin's comments:

Already TOFTTed a copy. Will post impressions in a few minutes!

Do we have a good replacement for Stoneloops! of Jurassica here?
02-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Be careful, Mumbo Jumbo may try to bully you around

02-21-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
Be careful, Mumbo Jumbo may try to bully you around
No way... Mumbo Jumbo won't mess with 10tons Ltd...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-21-2010, 07:56 AM
This looks beautiful and I love Azkend and Stoneloops. I'm eager to hear some impressions!
02-21-2010, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
No way... Mumbo Jumbo won't mess with 10tons Ltd...
Because it's weighty?

I say get this fast for everyone interested. And if it sells too well it'll be pulled in a instant. Hmm, will this actually guarantee good sales?
02-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Yezz - it's one of my favorite "zuma" games

>
It should be a standard feature that you can turn on/off in-game music and sound effects separately in all games
!

Last edited by jyhjyh; 02-21-2010 at 08:23 AM.
02-21-2010, 08:08 AM
Has somebody come up with a cut and paste app creator for wannabe devs?

Playing: Solipskier, Edge, Ground Effect, Bobble Surfer, Minigore, 2012 Zombies vs Aliens, iSR, Pocket God, Slotz, Zen Bound 2, Crazy Snowboard, Vector Tank, ...
02-21-2010, 08:09 AM
O.k., been playing for a few minutes only and already fell deep in love with that game!

It is a marble shooter, like Atlantis: Sky Patrol, Stoneloops! of Jurassica and other marble shooters.

The graphics are crisp and clean with a very nice (dark) art style. It is - like always when it comes to games from 10tons Ltd - highly polished and running smooth on my iPhone.
The soundtrack and the sound effects are great! One of the best tracks I ever heard on my device. The music fits perfectly into that game and the effects add even more atmosphere to that game.

Sparke comes with 3 game modes:
- Quest mode (where you are playing through a story, including own decisions and maps)
- a challenge mode, locked at first but unlocked after two levels of Quest play (did not play that yet)
- a survival mode (has yet to be unlocked).

The game has also a bunch of archievements you can earn.
And there are hidden secrets you can find and solve (from game to the options screen, they are hidden everywhere. Try stopping all 4 balls in the options menu, for example... ).

Controls are simple, intuitive and easy. Just tap and the marble flies to where you want it to be. Tap your shooting device to swap marbles. Shoot at the rows and at power ups.
In the instructions screen (how to play), you can test every function for yourself before trying in gameplay.

They should add leaderboard support, like OF... did not found that yet.

I'd say we found a nice replacement for Stoneloops!

I'll add my score later when I know more about the other game modes, replay value and overall content.

This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-21-2010 at 10:15 AM.
02-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
Because it's weighty?

I say get this fast for everyone interested. And if it sells too well it'll be pulled in a instant. Hmm, will this actually guarantee good sales?

Don't think so. Atlantis: Sky Patrol is still in the Store and hasn't been pulled yet. Because that's a "Big Fish" for Mumbo Jumbo. They don't dare to compete with them.

And also, gameplay varies a bit from Luxor and Atlantis: Sky Patrol... you don't target with your shoot device and release for a shot. you tap the screen to target the ball.

02-21-2010, 08:16 AM
Thanks for impressions Vovin, this looks very very nice.