★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SPIL GAMES
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 47.0 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This is a call to all adrenaline junkies: ride over the edge, going where no stuntman has ever gone before in the dream vehicle of your creation. Will your stunts score, or will your face hit the floor? Get ready to hit the gas, if you dare, because Uphill Rush 2 is now ready to ride wherever you go with the new app for your iPhone or iPod touch!

Uphill Rush 2 is a 2D, side-scrolling, stunt-racing game in which players can ramp their customized vehicles into gravity-defying jumps, nail awesome midair tricks, and stick hard landings

UPHILL RUSH 2 FULL
Using the built-in technology of the iPhone and iPod touch,, Uphill Rush 2 lets mobile gamers:

- Feel the action, as they shake their devices to jump and do crazy stunts
- Share their high scores on Facebook
- Win 8 different cups spanning 3 different worlds
- Compete in both Time Trial and Versus modes
- Customize their characters with 20 cool outfits and 12 different vehicles
- Challenge themselves with Easy, Medium, and Hard levels

UPHILL RUSH 2 LITE FREE!

Uphill Rush 2 Lite is a compact version of the game for the iPhone and iPod touch, letting mobile gamers:

- Race through one complete world
- Compete in the Time Trial mode
- Enjoy the Easy gameplay setting
- Shake their way to glory!

Devilishly Good's comments:

Lite version not out yet - will update with link when it does
02-21-2010, 01:52 PM
I bought this and it is pretty good but could use a little work.

Graphics are polished and the rag doll effects are well done. You collect coins as you race and this allows you to buy better vehicles, you can also change the color of your clothes ect.

I just started this but it looks like there are three championship cups and eight vehicle types. You start with a moped but that can be upgraded.

Gameplay is or would be great if there were some control options. There is no tilt option which makes no sense. Instead you have a left/right arrow on the left side of the screen for you tilt. You then have an up/down arrow on the right side of the screen for forward/back. You shake to jump and touch an exhast pipe for turbo.

This is an easy fix that would make this game better. Tilt should be built in, not via arrows. The rest could easily be fixed with a gas button ect.

Overall this is a fun game that needs a few fixes.

02-21-2010, 02:26 PM
Completely agree with the controls needing redone, but my biggest problem though is the app crashes on me at the end of every level or when I crash. Takes me back to the homescreen every time... Resetting my 3GS didn't fix the problem either, not sure what the deal is. Guess I'll try deleting the app then redownloading. Doubt it'll make a difference though...
02-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Just tried redownloading and the game still crashes. Also tried installing on my son's iPod touch which is the newest version with the latest os and again it crashes. So there is definately something screwy with this app if it's consistently crashing at the same place on 2 different devices...
02-21-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
Just tried redownloading and the game still crashes. Also tried installing on my son's iPod touch which is the newest version with the latest os and again it crashes. So there is definately something screwy with this app if it's consistently crashing at the same place on 2 different devices...
I am running into the same crash problems. Mine happen when I submit a score it throws me out of the game and back to the home screen. I have a 32gb 3g, I haven't tried it on my 2g systems. I also rebooted and it didn't fix the issue.
02-21-2010, 06:51 PM
this is a video of the pc version:

Youtube link | Pop Up
02-21-2010, 07:05 PM
The video makes the game seem really fun. It gives me the impression that it plays kind of like Bike or Die. Is the crashing still an issue? That would be a deal breaker.
02-21-2010, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchgamer3g View Post
The video makes the game seem really fun. It gives me the impression that it plays kind of like Bike or Die. Is the crashing still an issue? That would be a deal breaker.
Yes...it is fun but it still crashes. I emailed the Dev about the issue.
02-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Frank van Polanen, Director Mobile within SPIL GAMES (the developer of Uphill Rush 2 iPhone).

Thanks for the feedback - this really helps us to improve the game.
We are aware of the crashes and we are trying to fix them asap. There is a new version added to the Apple QA which should fix load times + crashes.
I'm expecting the fix to go live somewhere near the end of this week.
All feedback to improve the game/gameplay is appreciated, if you notice crashes AFTER the fix, please let us know.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Frank
02-24-2010, 07:33 AM
No tilts? :/