★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Joe Medancic
  • Genre:
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 1 (1)
App description: Introducing a 3D simulation and action remake of a popular board game from the early 1980s. Despite it's simplicity, it is sure to bring challenging, tailing tapping fun for everyone.

This application was developed by MatchyGames for the GLBasic Board Game Competition 2009.

Visit us at:
http://www.matchygames.com/

For more information on GLBasic:
http://www.glbasic.com/
02-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I remember this game from when I was a kid

02-21-2010, 11:45 AM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
holy crap! :] :] <3

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
02-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Interesting. Didn't expect to see that in digital form. Hasbro might have a wee bit o' something to say about the use of the name, however.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-21-2010, 12:10 PM
for me, this hippo can be hungry forever...i will not download the game...buahahahah
02-21-2010, 12:14 PM
It doesn't look all that great from the pics but you never know. This game would need multiplayer BT or better yet online multiplayer. Does it have multiplayer?

Too lazy to download even for free

I will if there are no impressions though !
02-21-2010, 01:07 PM
needs 3.1.3 in order to play? why?
02-21-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by impakt View Post
needs 3.1.3 in order to play? why?
Dev probably didn't bother to select an earlier OS version when compiling on the SDK. (It's an option when you compile an app which version of the SDK you wish to compile it with, which determines the minimum OS version it runs on.)

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Never played the original (was not so popular here in Central Europe, no tv ads), so I became curious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungry_Hungry_Hippos

Plural.

Strange: When I typed "hungry hungry hippo" in the iPhone's App Store in-app-search it came up with a completely different game. A really weak game. Deleted.

Then I used the WWW hyperlink provided in the first posting here (@ "Free") and finally it worked.

A static start screen shows up ("GLBasic blah blah"). Nobody will tell you: You need to tap on it. A gray progress bar. Another start screen with animated graphics. Then it quits unexpectedly to homescreen. iPhone 3G, newest OS, never jailbroken. Restarted iPhone (needed to do that for a game a half year ago or more). Game works now.

Jerky graphics, unresponsive controls. You need to tap on a white circle to make your hippo eat. That circle changes position each time. At the end of the game it can take minutes to catch the last marbles. It seems that what you see has nothing to do with your control.

Crap. Wasted ten minutes. Deleted.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)