★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Rubehouse was featured on freeappcalendar.com a few days ago. It's not free anymore, but I'm leaving it on sale for $0.99 for a few more days. After that it will go back to the original price.

Rubehouse takes the classic chain reaction puzzle game to a new level with great eye candy and soothing music.

As with most chain reaction games, your job is to destroy as many particles as you can by initiating a single detonation. Any particle that it hits will explode, causing a chain reaction of explosions that take out any nearby particles. You need to destroy a certain number of particles for each level.

As levels progress, there are more and more particles, and you must destroy an ever-increasing percentage of them just to achieve a bronze star and unlock the next level.

Higher percentages will unlock silver and gold achievements.

Only 1% of users have unlocked the gold achievement on the last level - will you be one of them?

jasonf's comments:
Hi all,

Apple just posted Rubehouse to the store

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rubehouse/id356760198?mt=8

It's a chain reaction style game, where you have one shot to explode as many onscreen particles as you can (with an explosion cascade). I tried to focus on eye candy and music/sound to make it as enjoyable as possible.

I also put in an achievement system where you can unlock bronze/silver/gold stars per level based on the percentage of particles you destroy.

Please enjoy, and tell your friends (facebook and twitter). It's free and has no ads

02-21-2010, 11:03 PM
looks good... will download in a sec!!! Thanks for the free game

ok played for a few minutes and really like it!!! Only thing I noticed is that the background seems really bright so when you set off the bomb you can no longer see anything that is going on on the screen. My screen seems way brighter than the screen shots, adjusted my brightness and that didnt help.

Great job! This one will be staying on my Ipod, I like the relaxing music too.

Last edited by pcgeek73; 02-21-2010 at 11:11 PM.

02-21-2010, 11:07 PM

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Loved Theseus. Can't wait to check this out.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Theseus was awesome... still play it frequently, and still haven't even beaten it halfway. No hints for me!

This looks great. Thanks for a cool freebie!

EDIT: Something that might be cool is to add integration with a social network - more exposure for your excellent apps!

First game in progress...
02-21-2010, 11:26 PM
JasonF.... great game. Relaxing gameplay and addictive at the same time. Great work! What are your plans for this? Additional content via DLC?
02-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Still loving Theseus. Downloading this.
02-21-2010, 11:41 PM
Wow, great game! I just played through it and really enjoyed it.

Twitter: @bgribin
02-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcgeek73 View Post
looks good... will download in a sec!!! Thanks for the free game

ok played for a few minutes and really like it!!! Only thing I noticed is that the background seems really bright so when you set off the bomb you can no longer see anything that is going on on the screen. My screen seems way brighter than the screen shots, adjusted my brightness and that didnt help.

Great job! This one will be staying on my Ipod, I like the relaxing music too.
Hrm.. I hope that's not a bug! I just did a verification on my 3G and 3GS and it seemed to look ok. Unfortunately I don't have Touch hardware to test with, and just assumed it would look the same

Anyone else with a Touch having graphics problems?

My Games in the App Store: Theseus,
Theseus Lite
, Cryptograms, Rubehouse,
Theseus HD
02-21-2010, 11:56 PM
What the?.. You can barely see anything, the screen just screams white and gets worse the more you play. Looks nothing like the screenshots. Is this a joke, or did someone upload the wrong game?

EDIT: Yes, Touch here.