Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2010, 10:04 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default Animal Ark - Africa

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by goiMot; 04-01-2010 at 06:08 PM..
Old 02-22-2010, 12:43 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 4.x

Beautiful...might get this...
Old 02-22-2010, 04:30 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Hello,

thank you goiMot for starting this thread!

We have few things to share with you:

There is Animal Ark - Africa giveaway going on - visit this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=45805

Also first Animal Ark - Africa review has been published by Mobilgamer.cz: 7.5/10

And of course - if you buy our game, please let us know what you think about it. We are impatiently awaiting your feedback, comments, etc
Old 02-22-2010, 02:34 PM

Animal Ark - Africa giveaway - ONE HOUR TO GO!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=45805
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

So, for those who won the codes, any impressions?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:11 PM

hey guys, and feedback, comments, suggestions etc... so far?

Last edited by Sketch Games; 02-24-2010 at 09:56 AM..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:04 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

I've been playing this for a bit...#2 on global leaderboards as of last night .

The premise is basically that you must match 3 of a kind to get tiles to disappear. However, the game throws a number of twists at you. The game is divided into two columns on either side of the screen and each of those is divided into 3 subsections. In each level you are shown required matches and you must make that many matches and they must take place in the vertical subsection and side indicated. Also, you have a timer so you must make these correct matches within the given time limit.

...so you might have to make 2 gorilla matches on the left side of the mid-level or 1 parrot, 1 chimp, and 1 lizard on the bottom right before the level will end.

The whole game has a beautifully done theme with nice artwork and backgrounds for each level. There is jungle, desert, and savannah along with their requisite animals.

In each stage, tiles feed up from the bottom two at a time and you can slide them up and down to place them between already placed tiles and you can switch their positions. You also get to preview the next pair of tiles in the queue. If either column of tiles reaches the top, you lose so you need to keep making matches to prevent this from happening. Also, you can earn bonus points by matching 3 "?" tiles. When you match 3 "?", you are presented with a question, answer it correctly and get 500 bonus points, but get it wrong and suffer a 200 point penalty.

Things I liked:
-beautiful visual theme
-cool animal sounds
-challenging gameplay

Things I thought needed help:
-if your phone is muted, the game intro still plays sound...please fix as this is not good for stealth playing
-the music was okay, but I was expecting something more 'primitive' or 'tribal' versus the more rock-themed music in the game
-the game does not remember from one session to another the last name entered for the high score table...please just have it remember the name entered so we don't have to do it each time we play
-the screen where you enter your name for the high score table are really ugly...it should have the same art theme as the rest of the game
-there's no way to tell the game you want to start a new game once you've begun one...so if you've messed up with placing tiles and just want to start over...you will have to waste time losing the game before you can begin again
-the Tutorial screens were very confusing to me and I didn't understand what they meant...I basically messed around until I figured out how to play
-the most frustrating part of the game is tile placement...I can't tell you how many times I lost a game because I needed to make a critical match or my columns would be too tall and I would drag a pair of tiles up and then double tap to place them and BAM they would have magically switched places leading to an incorrect match

The mechanic for switching tiles and moving/placing them is singularly frustrating to me.

Otherwise, I found the game to be really neat. It is really nice visually and I liked the sound effects. It is challenging because you have required matches to make under a time limit so you need to think strategically in placing tiles. However, the interface made it frustrating to play...if that were tweaked then this would be really awesome.

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 02-24-2010 at 11:21 AM..
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM

good job !
Old 02-24-2010, 11:52 AM

Thank you very much for your feedback Devilishly!

I passed your comments to developers, we will try to fix the things that you pointed out.

However, we were surprised to hear that there are problems with tile placement. So far we havent experienced this, so I would be very grateful, if anybody else can share their experience. Also, we will publish gameplay video soon so you can compare your experience with one shown at the video.

Another thing I would like to ask you guys, is to post your feedback about remembering/not remembering your name when submiting score. Devilishly pointed out that the game isnt remembering your name, but I just tried it and it did remember it in my case.

Thank you in advance!
Old 02-24-2010, 12:03 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch Games View Post
Thank you very much for your feedback Devilishly!

I passed your comments to developers, we will try to fix the things that you pointed out.

However, we were surprised to hear that there are problems with tile placement. So far we havent experienced this, so I would be very grateful, if anybody else can share their experience. Also, we will publish gameplay video soon so you can compare your experience with one shown at the video.

Another thing I would like to ask you guys, is to post your feedback about remembering/not remembering your name when submiting score. Devilishly pointed out that the game isnt remembering your name, but I just tried it and it did remember it in my case.

Thank you in advance!
Yes...if anyone is not experiencing trouble with tiles...please let me know if it is just me...

As for the name not being remembered...I mean you play the game and then if you close it and then re-start the app to play again another time...then your name is not remembered. But, yes, once you enter your name when playing, it remembers during that play session...just not when you leave the game completely and come back at another time...I was afraid that I wasn't being clear enough about that.