★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Get ready to experience Mayan Madness and test your reflexes in this addictive casual game for your iOS device!

The Mayan gods are feeling benevolent (what with the whole 2012 thing and all) and have decided to rain down their priceless treasure! Use your finger to catch as many coins as possible. But beware missing any will surely incur their wrath! The more you catch, the higher your score.

Be on the lookout jewels and other objects that will provide power-ups, boost your score, unlock achievements and hidden levels. Unleash the awesome power of the matrix and chubby artifacts! Unearth the spinner and pachinko physics levels!

Can you make it to the inner sanctum?

Fans of the old Atari 2600 game Kaboom! will feel right at home.

Features include:

- A simple, intuitive game that will give your reflexes a workout!
- Many, many levels of increasing challenge how far into the temple can you get?
- Special objects provide power-ups and unlock physics-based hidden levels.
- Endurance challenge mode to compete with friends.
- A variety of achievements to unlock earn OpenFeint points and bragging rights.
- Global leaderboards compete against your friends (or enemies) over the Internet.
- Mayan Madness is OpenFeint Enabled.
- Integrates with Facebook and Twitter.

whizzosoftware's comments:
Hi all,

My second iPhone game, Mayan Madness, has been released for the iPhone and iPod touch. Please give it a try if you're interested... it's more addicting than it looks :-)

Website link: http://www.whizzosoftware.com/mayanmadness
Gameplay Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_zTXWZdaRA

Thanks for reading!

02-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Looks interesting, do you have a gameplay video?

Last edited by goiMot; 02-22-2010 at 11:24 AM.

02-22-2010, 11:19 AM
So ... basically a pre-Columbian Kaboom! then?

EDIT: I guess it being in the description is sort of a giveaway, isn't it?

/Need moar coffee.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

Last edited by Mindfield; 02-22-2010 at 11:26 AM.
02-22-2010, 11:24 AM
Game Impressions

I bought this game last night while searching for Kaboom. I was between this one and iKaboom but the graphics seemed better in Mayan Madness.

It is a fun game, I still have an original Atari 2600 (thank you eBay) and one of the games I usually play when I hook it up is Activisions Kaboom. And this game pretty much nails everything about it, I even thinkm tough Im not sure, the bombs drop in the same order.

Great game!

Interested in doing Joust with mayan iconography? Flying Quetzalcoatl serpents would be very cool!
02-22-2010, 11:46 AM
@goiMot: Good idea, I'll throw a gameplay video together now.

@Mofi: Thanks so much for the kind words. I spent A LOT of time trying to tweak the game to achieve the same feel as the original. It's really gratifying to hear that I've come close to achieving it. If you wouldn't mind leaving that same note as a review on the App Store, I'd really appreciate it. Sales are off to a pretty poor start

Mayan Joust would be way cool... I love that game. Although I have another game in the works first... think multiplayer retro gaming goodness
02-22-2010, 01:47 PM
The teaser video is now on my website. Thanks for the suggestion.
02-22-2010, 01:49 PM
embedded video:
02-22-2010, 01:51 PM
That looks sexy. Adding it to my wantz list. Will pick this up in a future shopping day.
02-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Thanks, RagManX!
02-23-2010, 03:45 PM
The video doesn't work for me