★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Project Unknown - DogtownStudios

02-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to rhansson
Project Unknown - DogtownStudios

Youtube link | Pop Up

New Beta video...

Youtube link | Pop Up

The first exclusive Beta is out. We're looking forward to sharing more asap!

Someone beat us to adding the latest screen shots, but I'm adding them here as well.

Phew... It's been a rough couple of weeks here at Dogtown trying to coordinate all the production and promotion efforts for our most exciting title so far...

If you didn't know, "Project Unknown" is the code name for the upcoming Advanced Dual Stick Action (ADSA), and the real title is soon the be announced. The production is a partnership and collaboration between Radical Interactive and Dogtown Studios.

The project was initiated on May 4th 2010. Today on June 3d we are working on the final features of the game and preparing to release a closed Beta to a very limited amount of our trusted testers.

So, what have we accomplished this month?

Game Engine... Check

Our latest and most advanced game engine up to date is a truly amazing piece of work. The engine is so fast, stable, and efficient that we are contemplating making it available to other developer teams around the world. We truly thank our lead programmer Ivan Isaev for his incredible performance in converting our former 2D engine into a full blown 3D engine, and one that will not be rejected by Apple.

There are of course many many amazing features that we have planned and hope to add in future updates of the game. But that of course depends on whether you, our fans, will like the game and purchase it.

Storyline... Check

We have turned the amazing story of the graphic novel by Radical Publishing into an interactive world filled with surprises for both the casual gamer, as well as the more advanced gamer. You are not forced to do anything in the game, except we hope that you try to stay alive and confront some of those evil armies. But if you are up for the challenge, we provide you the storyline of the game based on missions that you will gain access to based on your performance and brain-power Many thanks to Rasmus who's been spending countless nights reading, thinking and aligning the original storyline with missions that are sure to keep you engaged for many many hours to come!

Stay Tuned For Next Update... Remember, to always go to http://www.rememberodessa.com for exclusive content...

Hey everyone, there is only 2 weeks left until we're scheduled for a Beta release. I know we haven't been able to show much of the game yet, but I thought I'd try to find some fresh graphics to display.

Updated HUD

This guy, you'll be likely to see a lot if you play the game

One of the enemy forces, armed with machine gun.

This is a dangerous guy, watch out!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hello everyone!

I'm really excited to announce the new thread for DogtownStudios upcoming title, code named "Project Unknown".

This title will produced in the familiar fashion of Project 72 but with a new twist. In addition to live video streaming and blogging, we will this time go more in-depth of our work, with scheduled online shows.

I don't have much more to share at this point, other than that we are looking for Beta Testers. As a beta tester, you will have access to confidential material and information. It is important that the integrity is maintained so if you're interested, please let me know and we shall talk further.

Stay Tuned for Project Unknown!

Rasmus RHN1124 Hansson
Moyo BlogMoyo on Facebook

Building the future!

Last edited by rhansson; 06-16-2010 at 11:26 PM. Reason: New content
02-22-2010, 07:05 PM
love you guys, especially your p72 game! can't wait, tell me more!

02-22-2010, 08:24 PM
WOuld like to beta test. Wondering, what would I need to do?
02-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I'd be very interested in testing, really enjoyed Project 72. I believe you guys could make a real gem with a proper amount of development time

Gamecenter: Will090
02-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Cant wait!

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
02-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to SirDarkened Send a message via Skype™ to SirDarkened
Pm sent it's gonna be great just like Project 72!

Forum Moderator on the Defender Chronicles forums.
Loving BattleHeart all day baby <3!
Tiny Heroes Professional.
Mage Gauntlet, BEST iPHONE RPG EVER!!!
02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
PM sent.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-22-2010, 09:51 PM
Would totally love to beta test this game!
02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
Hey Rasmus, it was mad cool talking with you and Michael at BMAI! I'd love to beta test your new game.

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki
04-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to rhansson
Welcome to the unknown...

This is the official kick-off for our latest, most crazy and exciting project ever.

Since February when Project 72 from Dogtown Studios hit the top lists in the App-Store many things have happened in the studio. Our biggest question, how are we going to exceed the expectations of our fans, and ourselves with the next project?

We have considered many options, including what would seem like a natural move, another 72 hour project. An even better one. Or even a project 24… Why not? Low risk, high chance of success, 0 planning, intense but incredibly exciting, ultra efficient, and in the end extremely rewarding.

Then we thought, Project 72 received extremely positive response from press and we gained many fans and followers. Was it because of the game, or was it because of the challenge itself and the unique way we presented it?

After many brainstorming sessions we made up our minds. Decided to do something completely different, quite opposite to P72. Something with an incredibly high risk. Against all trends for success on the AppStore for companies like us. Pushing all possible boundaries of a developer and publisher the size of Dogtown to the absolute limits. Why?

This is our way of recognizing the amazing support from the community. Without you, we wouldn’t be here today.

This upcoming game is our way of giving back and saying thanks. We hope we’ve made the right choice…

Welcome to the unknown!

Rasmus RHN1124 Hansson
Moyo BlogMoyo on Facebook

Building the future!