★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Kick-Ass movie game coming to iPhone

02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Kick-Ass movie game coming to iPhone

The movie looks phenomenal, but that doesn't mean that the game will be, ahem, kick-ass. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

IGN article.

Unfortunately, the only screenshots available right now seem to be from the PS3 version.

Last edited by squarezero; 02-22-2010 at 10:09 PM.
02-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
The movie looks phenomenal, but that doesn't mean that the game will be, ahem, kick-ass. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

IGN article.

Unfortunately, the only screenshots available right now seem to be from the PS3 version.
Haha yeah, the movie looks awesome. I don't see it being a super awesome iPhone game though...

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2

02-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Hopefully it is good. But sadly being a HUGE fan of the comic book. And apples ultra conservitave apps rules. A game would NEVER get into the app store or stay there for more than a week.
02-22-2010, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim apps View Post
Hopefully it is good. But sadly being a HUGE fan of the comic book. And apples ultra conservitave apps rules. A game would NEVER get into the app store or stay there for more than a week.
I disagree -- violence, gore, and language don't seem to phase Apple much. It's all about the boobies with them.
02-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I disagree -- violence, gore, and language don't seem to phase Apple much. It's all about the boobies with them.
true true. But most of the violent apps are nothing compared to the violence in kick-ass. same with the language. have trouble picturing an app on the app store that has the word ****** but then again gta was released so who knows. But I can tell there will be plenty of reviews from 10 year old kids who bought it with their parents credit cards saying "hey I think you should take out the little girl cutting people heads off because that is innapropriate and I am only 10 and it is bad." or something stupid like that. I am already waiting for a faux news report on how horrible the media has become that they can make a movie like kick-ass. lol.
03-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Kotaku has video and confirmation of the April 16th release date (both for PSN and iPhone). It's not clear to me whether the footage is of the PSN or iPhone version -- it would be phenomenal if it's iPhone, quite crappy if it's PS3. In any event, the action looks good. BTW, the audio on that clip is very much NSFW.

http://kotaku.com/5499002/a-kick+ass...ass-movie-game
03-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Here it is embedded. I guess the plan is for an PSP/iPhone simultaneous release. I'm surprised this hasn't generated more interest. (Clearly, this is PSP footage, but they're obviously marketing it as a multiple platform release).

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by squarezero; 03-22-2010 at 01:26 PM.
03-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Jarek Send a message via MSN to Jarek Send a message via Skype™ to Jarek
Woah!
We have here serious GTA: CTW competitor!

We need more tease and information about gameplay lenght and advancement.
Games based on movies are pretty plain usually, hope this one is a very exception.

"Art does not reproduce, what we see. It rather makes us see"
03-22-2010, 01:34 PM

Personally I like the look of topdown fighter, the graphics look really nice (although that might have been just the PSP version, nontheless though .. the iPhone is quite strong on it's own). I wonder if there's gonna be combo moves to pull, and special skills.

- iSourceGaming.com -
iPhone Gaming Source

News and Reviews of the best iPhone games

Last edited by Drhank; 03-22-2010 at 01:52 PM.
03-22-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.isourcegaming.com/2010/03...-some-ass.html

here are some details, courtesy of isourcegaming

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

Last edited by jak56; 03-22-2010 at 01:47 PM.