★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

best choose-your-own-adventure game?

02-22-2010, 10:26 PM
best choose-your-own-adventure game?

I used to love reading the choose-your-own-adventure goosebumps books when i was a kid and recently i picked up hysteria project and gamebook adventures and im enjoying those. What other games would you guys recommend?? Thanks
02-24-2010, 02:47 PM
The two Fighting Fantasy games are both good (and they are committed to doing 3 more! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to demid_tishin
Can recommend these ones:
1. Tin Star - Wild West setting, a lot of text, a lot of non-linearity. Also top reviews (I guess the average score is a crazy 4.9 stars!)
2. The Choice of Robots - A game about robots written by an actual robotics scientist. Loads of meaningful choices and philosophical questions.
3. Study in Steampunk - Steampunk setting, good writing.
4. Heavy Metal Thunder - Decent but very lightweight writing, kind of a sci-fi pulp fiction with much fighting. But! A rare case when it actually feels like an action game, even a first-person shooter I'd say. Great resource management mechanics (super limited inventory, super limited skill slots), UI, music and illustrations are great, too.
5. Crusader Kings: Chronicles by Paradox Interactive (companion game to their PC strategy with the same name) - Medieval setting. Quite short, but very good writing and enriching. Nice visuals and fight mechanics, too.
06-02-2017, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by demid_tishin View Post
Can recommend these ones:
1. Tin Star - Wild West setting, a lot of text, a lot of non-linearity. Also top reviews (I guess the average score is a crazy 4.9 stars!)
2. The Choice of Robots - A game about robots written by an actual robotics scientist. Loads of meaningful choices and philosophical questions.
3. Study in Steampunk - Steampunk setting, good writing.
4. Heavy Metal Thunder - Decent but very lightweight writing, kind of a sci-fi pulp fiction with much fighting. But! A rare case when it actually feels like an action game, even a first-person shooter I'd say. Great resource management mechanics (super limited inventory, super limited skill slots), UI, music and illustrations are great, too.
5. Crusader Kings: Chronicles by Paradox Interactive (companion game to their PC strategy with the same name) - Medieval setting. Quite short, but very good writing and enriching. Nice visuals and fight mechanics, too.
...this thread is from 2010
06-02-2017, 04:32 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to demid_tishin
Yeah, I know. The guy might still be alive and playing interactive fiction games