★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Street Fighter 4 proves my point

02-23-2010, 02:14 AM
Street Fighter 4 proves my point

Take a look at this.

Hey iPhone developers, you have a cool platform with a lot of potential. Please, develop games that play to the strengths of it and don't try to bring dumbed down "console-like" experiences with abominable gameplay. After all, isn't gameplay the most important thing when it comes to videogames?

Out of curiosity I took a look at that SF4 gameplay video. My lungs were hurting so bad; it looks laughable. Seriously, this is an insult to iPhone owners. Are these gaming companies trying to capitalize on the naive iPhone userbase (not everybody mind you) who doesn't have access to other platforms, therefore, they have no expectations for these type of products?

Even for $10 that game looks terrible. Don't support efforts like that and go buy stuff that actually makes sense for the system. I heard that Spider is a pretty cool guy.

Sincerely

Omega-F

Now Playing Broken Sword

Last edited by Omega-F; 02-23-2010 at 02:18 AM.
02-23-2010, 02:18 AM
what's your point again?

02-23-2010, 02:18 AM
I think you are unclear on the meaning of the word "prove."
02-23-2010, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I think you are unclear on the meaning of the word "prove."
Yes, please enlighten me.

Now Playing Broken Sword
02-23-2010, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega-F View Post
On the contrary please enlighten us, you made the thread. I fail to see any point or any proof.
02-23-2010, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Not worth my time. It's not even entertaining anymore.
02-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Not worth my time. It's not even entertaining anymore.
Bro, you don't have to defend everything about the iPhone. I've seen some of your comments in the main page, and it seems like you are always in "defense mode". You deserve better man. Are you really going to tell me that you are satisfied with these crappy products? If so, I feel sorry for you.

Now Playing Broken Sword
02-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Bro, you don't have to defend everything about the iPhone. I've seen some of your comments in the main page, and it seems like you are always in "defense mode". You deserve better man. Are you really going to tell me that you are satisfied with these crappy products? If so, I feel sorry for you.
Yawn.
02-23-2010, 02:31 AM
O...mega...fail.
02-23-2010, 02:33 AM
I really do NOT understand this thread. The animations look amazing coming from a phone. Remember this is a phone not a console. We are bloody lucky to have these ports coming to the idevice. Even if they are dumbed down. But seriously man sell your ipod touch and buy a real idevice (iphone 3gs)

And experience the real feeling.

Freakin useless thread dont even know why im posting.

BTW WTF are you doing? Promoting spider by insulting SFIV.

Dont see any point proven!

add me
GameCenter ID :shap08
Gameloft ID :shap