★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Word Up! is free for a limited time

10-06-2008, 12:55 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Word Up! is free for a limited time

I downloaded it, but can't comment on it as I haven't tried it yet. The reviews there for it are good, averaging 4.5 stars.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=290594543&mt=8
10-06-2008, 01:08 PM
mek says thank you

10-06-2008, 01:27 PM
Thank you!

I love word games and I have been wanting to get word up but I wasn't sure if I'd like the mechanics of it. Now I get to find out!
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
I picked it up while it was free, and I have to say Shame on me for not looking at it sooner. It is extremely addictive. It is as simple as it looks, but it has some very cool additions that aren't really mentioned in the description. For example, it keeps a history of every word you make from every game you play. I am not sure how useful that is, but it pretty cool to go back and see how you have improved over the various times you play the game. This is definately worth a look, and it's free, how could you go wrong?

Hah, my main problem with it is that after you finish the game and put in your name to the top score list, instead of jumping to that top score list or back to a main menu, it loads up the tiles again immediately and starts the new game, so I always see at least one word and say to myself "Oh, I'll just play one more game" until I beat that one and it all starts voer again with "Maybe just one more..."
10-06-2008, 05:31 PM
Definitely worth taking a look at this game. It's like a one-player Scrabble. Awesome way to test your vocabulary skills.
10-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Loads of fun. Simple concept mixed in with a clean look resulting in addiction.
10-06-2008, 10:18 PM
This is totally addictive. Good thing it's not timed, as I'm not that smrt.
10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
This is one, case, though, where a graphics update would add to the game. It's just a bit too bland. Some polish to the tiles and some nice animation would be an improvement. Still, it's a fun game and you can't complain for free!
10-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
This is one, case, though, where a graphics update would add to the game. It's just a bit too bland. Some polish to the tiles and some nice animation would be an improvement. Still, it's a fun game and you can't complain for free!
Yes, I agree. It's a great little game. But I would like to SEE the letter you select move to the top and the tiles that were underneath it move up. I would also like to see the letters underneath a little better so I can plan my moves. It's a bit hard at the moment as they are greyed out.
Good otherwise though.