★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bounce Trap Tilt - UPDATE

02-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Bounce Trap Tilt - UPDATE

A new version has been submitted to Apple. It added a new power-up, Re-Launch, that captures a ball and allows you to send it out in any direction.

Also, you can no longer 'trap' a ball above the release line. Thanks to everyone who caught that issue.

I suspect it will be live in a day or so.

More updates will be coming. I want to give the user control over the accelerometer sensitivity for one. And we want a new high score system eventually.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-02-2009, 08:51 PM

Alright cool i can't wait!

02-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Here's an example of the Relaunch powerup. A ball has been captured and now can be released in any direction:

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 02:26 AM
You'll see the update tomorrow. It has been approved.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 02:33 AM
Hmm, I just got it right now...
02-06-2009, 03:13 AM
Update is showing up in the US store now.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Please let me know what you think.

Also, we're open to good ideas for PowerUps. As you can see with 'Relaunch', these really add to the fun of the game.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayScreen View Post
Please let me know what you think.

Also, we're open to good ideas for PowerUps. As you can see with 'Relaunch', these really add to the fun of the game.
I'm not quite sure what the Relaunch power-up is doing.

I understand an arrow spins and when you tap the screen, whichever direction the arrow is pointing in is the direction the ball will be launched.

But, the relaunch is only happening on empty slots, when I tap the screen nothing happens, the arrow just disappears. I've yet to see a "Relaunch" happen on a slot that has a ball in it.

At first I thought maybe it just teleported the ball to a slot in that direction, instead of showing the ball traveling, but then I noticed it only happens on empty slots.

I then counted the balls currently on the field at the beginning of a level (8 balls at the time) and saw a Relaunch happen in the middle of the screen. At that point the only balls were in the top rows. I clicked the screen and the Relaunch went away, yet there were still 8 balls on the screen and none of them moved.

If it doesn't add a ball to the slot it activates on and only seems to activate on empty slots.. I'm at a loss of what this actually does.

Update
Here's an example, the Relaunch activated in an area where a ball couldn't have yet gotten to.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 02-06-2009 at 02:35 PM.
02-06-2009, 01:49 PM
My biggest gripe is that when you get a speed bonus, you are not allowed any other bonuses. For the speed bonus to be a real bonus and not a penalty, other bonuses should be allow so that the speed bonus allows a greater chance to hit them (due to having multiple balls out).

There have been times I have been aiming for other bonuses (which I REALLY needed as I did not have enough balls to finish the level) and then BOOM speed bonus, and I have not chance in you know what of getting any extra balls to finish a level, as for the next 4 balls there is no possibilty of getting a bonus ball.

I hope there is a way to fix this as it makes later levels near impossible...
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
My biggest gripe is that when you get a speed bonus, you are not allowed any other bonuses. For the speed bonus to be a real bonus and not a penalty, other bonuses should be allow so that the speed bonus allows a greater chance to hit them (due to having multiple balls out).

There have been times I have been aiming for other bonuses (which I REALLY needed as I did not have enough balls to finish the level) and then BOOM speed bonus, and I have not chance in you know what of getting any extra balls to finish a level, as for the next 4 balls there is no possibilty of getting a bonus ball.

I hope there is a way to fix this as it makes later levels near impossible...
Strangely enough, I asked that yesterday myself.

It is a negative power-up, so it nullifies other bonuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayScreen
Speed bonus is a negative power up. It's triggered by hitting several bumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99
Hey there,

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but when you have a Multiplier Opening or Free Ball Opening and you activate a Speed Bonus, the opening goes away, even while the original ball is still on screen.