★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nitako LTD.
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 28.4 MB
  • Version: 1.6.5
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Rasta Monkey is featured by Apple under Best Swinging Games!
*** Check out our new game Eco-Punk! ***
Rasta Monkey is by far the most fun action platformer out there! with perfect physics based gameplay that you will love, hand rolled in Jamaican flavor.

But don't be fooled by Rasta Monkeys amazingly cute kawaii graphics and relaxing dub music - This game is only for you highly trained monkeys! Now Jam down and make the selecta!

You are Rasta Monkey, the extraordinarily happy Rastafarian Monkey who swings around and grab onto branches using your awesome physics based monkey-mon skills.
You snag some delicious fruit along the way to make tasty fruit shakes for your Dada, General RastaMonkey the 3rd. Him too old to collect dem fruits anymore so he needs your help:

"You need to collect dem fruits for mi special fruit-shake before mi head go CHAKA CHAKA! ... Now go lung, make yah madda proud!"

The perfect physics gameplay in Rasta Monkey is truly awesome! Everything you do in this game, including moving, jumping, climbing, swinging on ropes, fighting monsters and more, is based on the manipulation of gravity and other forces of nature.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

* Special Recognition for best "Action Game Development" and "2d Game Design" At the Unity Developers Game Awards.

Reviews:

* "It's mightily addictive and will easily devour your afternoon...we predict RastaMonkey will be leading the way in casual, addictive swing-'em-ups before the week is out"
PocketGamer.co.uk

* "Rasta Monkey is one of the rare few games that is wildly entertaining... No wonder it was one of the games rated as best in the 2D art and action categories in the competition!"
BigDownload.com blog, Nov 11, 2008

* "The mechanics are really cool!... It's a lot of fun, very very polished, especially for an indie game."
Game Damage TV Pilot, Dec 18, 2008

* "Overly cute and polished visual style and Interesting use of physics in it's gameplay!"
ByteJacker.com, Nov 2, 2008

Respecta!
-------------
twitter: http://twitter.com/Nitako
new facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Nitako-Games/298151443684?ref=nf

Noam's comments:
Hi people,
To celebrate the fact that our new game E-Punk, is currently being featured on iTunes under "What's Hot", We decided to make our previous title Rasta Monkey (recently featured by Apple under Best Swinging games) FREE for the next 3 days!!!

Here is the Rasta Monkey gameplay video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here is the games iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rasta-monkey-featured-under/id307225367?mt=8

Here is E-Punk gameplay video, get it now while it's still $0.99:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here is the games iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/e-punk-shooting-cars-to-save/id351348506?mt=8

Enjoy the games and spread the word
Jah mon!
02-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Ww!
I am definitely going to enjoy this FREEBIE

Thanks Noam

Mis-quotes!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodSon View Post
The bottom two is where you can buy your bottom turrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
at this point I should say we're not looking for anymore guys

02-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Rasta Monkey's a cool game to play. Should put the videos of both games in this thread. Other threads got RM's video if want to check it out.
02-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Rasta Monkey's a cool game to play. Should put the videos of both games in this thread. Other threads got RM's video if want to check it out.
Thanks for the kind words and advice, I just updated the thread with both videos
Respecta!
02-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Thanks, I'll check this out.

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.
02-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Wow, cool! Thanks for the giveaway, I like the character design for the Rasta Monkey.

Btw, I thought the game was Eco Punk, now it's E-Punk? Why the name change?

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-26-2010, 11:02 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Wow, cool! Thanks for the giveaway, I like the character design for the Rasta Monkey.

Btw, I thought the game was Eco Punk, now it's E-Punk? Why the name change?
Thanks! I did all the graphics for Rasta Monkey
We changed the name to E-Punk after we did small test that revealed that more people prefer that name, but we changed it back now since everybody was getting nostalgic about the old name in the forum thread
02-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noam View Post
Thanks! I did all the graphics for Rasta Monkey
We changed the name to E-Punk after we did small test that revealed that more people prefer that name, but we changed it back now since everybody was getting nostalgic about the old name in the forum thread
Yeah, I got Eco Punk after this because I liked it so much (btw, I much prefer Eco Punk to E-Punk) and I like Eco Punk even more. Great game, so much fun and so addictive. You guys have made some really fun casual games with wonderful visual style!

Edit: I also wrote you a positive review and rating for Rasta Monkey. I hope some more people will do so to help raise the rating...

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

Last edited by medianotzu; 02-26-2010 at 11:13 AM.
02-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Healy
Thanks for the freebie.

spriter