★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

LandFormer - Coming June 29th

02-23-2010, 03:03 PM
LandFormer - Coming June 29th

Hi guys!

UPDATE (2010-06-22): LandFormer will be available on Tuesday, June 29, 2010. For full details, you can check out the LandFormer site.

I'm also posting a brand new gameplay trailer for your viewing pleasure:

Youtube link | Pop Up

UPDATE (2010-04-26) - Posting an updated screenshot with new artwork:

UPDATE (2010-04-28) - Adding first gameplay preview footage:

Youtube link | Pop Up

It's me, Owen! I'm here to announce my new game: LandFormer! I'm posting the first screenshot that's been seen publicly. This is still a work in progress, so things may change before the game is released:

This is a game that I prototyped at the 360iDev Game Jam night in September. You can read the Touch Arcade write up on the event, along with a description of how this game is played. The prototype was called "UpDown", but it turns out there's already a game on the App Store with that name. Now it's called LandFormer, which also makes more sense with the new theme of the game.

That's it for now! Subscribe to the thread if you want to see updates on the game as I continue progress.

Got questions? Let me know.

Owen

Last edited by OTrain13; 06-22-2010 at 03:42 PM.
02-23-2010, 03:18 PM
Looks interesting Owen, can't wait to see the final game.

The green / black 3x3 patterns are the various raise and lower "brushes", right? Have you considered putting either some fake or real 3d relief into them? Just green and black doesn't fully convey "up and down" to me>

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun a bit

One half of Acorn Heroes, makers of Acorn Money and Goo! Follow me on Twitter

02-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Looks pretty cool though more likely than not that game would make me go insane. Those sliding puzzles with one piece missing have it in for me too
02-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Puzzle levels with a single solutions or a randomized highscore survival like game, Owen?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Cool, but one problem, no monkey!

hello!
02-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeSealy View Post
The green / black 3x3 patterns are the various raise and lower "brushes", right? Have you considered putting either some fake or real 3d relief into them? Just green and black doesn't fully convey "up and down" to me>

Sorry if I'm jumping the gun a bit
Not at all jumping the gun! Thanks for the feedback. I'm not happy with the look of the "brushes" yet either. I like your suggestion about giving them a 3d look too. I'll definitely try that. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinecure Industries View Post
Looks pretty cool though more likely than not that game would make me go insane. Those sliding puzzles with one piece missing have it in for me too
I'm planning to have a free version available at launch, so you can try it for yourself and see if it makes you go insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Puzzle levels with a single solutions or a randomized highscore survival like game, Owen?
Not necessarily single solution, but fixed puzzle levels, yes. The goal of each level is to get everything flat so that the little people can live in their huts.

However, right now I'm working on an in-game level editor. I'm hoping that I'll be able to distribute it with the game so that people can create and share levels. This is a lot of work, though, so I'm not promising that for v1.0 just yet. I'm still trying, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Crazy View Post
Cool, but one problem, no monkey!
Haha, it's very true. If you can think of a good way to work a monkey into the game...I'll give it some thought...maybe.

Owen
02-23-2010, 03:56 PM
looks pretty cool, alot better than the 1.st screenshot!
02-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
looks pretty cool, alot better than the 1.st screenshot!
Thanks. The first screenshot was taken from a prototype that I built overnight in about 6 hours of work, so I really hope the new one looks better!

Owen
02-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Looks like it'll be fun. I can't wait to see more!
02-23-2010, 10:55 PM
Pretty interesting! Nice work.