★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: 2009 Tennis - $4.99 -> $1.99

02-02-2009, 10:04 PM
2009 Tennis - $4.99 -> $1.99

Just a quick heads up on what I saw via AppSniper just now.

I think I'll buy it as an investment for the March updates.

See: Prior Thread

[App Store Link]

["Tie-Breaker"-Free Lite Edition]

Read: Developer's explanation for graphics, etc here.

Read: Here for Gameplay description.

Quote:
"2009 Tennis is the fastest 3D action sports game available on any mobile platform. The new 3D Game Engine specifically designed for the iPhone produces fast, furious action at 60 frames per second. Smash your way into the finals, and attempt to claim all the Tennis Grand Slam titles.

Game features:
- 3D action with a dynamic camera.
- 4 Grand Slam Arenas, with unique court surfaces and ball physics (clay, grass, acrylic and synthetic surfaces).
- Over 30 AI players, each with unique playing styles and personalities.
- Play 1-1 matches or double the fun and play Doubles matches.
- A ranked Career mode. Can you collect all the trophies and become the Number #1 ranked player in the world?
- More information about various game modes and features are available on our website: http://www.zenyes.com

Hand held gaming has never been so much fun!!!"

Last edited by salsamd; 02-02-2009 at 10:24 PM.
02-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Do they all stand in that near default "T" pose or something?

Personally the modelling turns me off buying this game, they look horrific.

3D modelling, design and sequential artist / GameCenter ID: Diab

02-02-2009, 10:25 PM
From the developer

From prior thread

Quote:

The issue with the scarecrow arms will be addressed for the March update. Our initial testers didn't object to it since they enjoyed the game play, but seeing that so many fans dislike the look we've decided to definately fix this issue. We are also remodelling the arms and shoulders so that they're not so blocky.

Mike has discovered an interesting exploit when you target a particular corner right after the AI player serves the ball. The AI is positioned in such a spot that it cannot reach the ball in time, granting the point to the human player. We will implement an AI memory where it will observe and remember human playing patterns, and position itself better to counteract such exploits.

We will add these 2 changes to the March update.
Quote:
"Upcoming Features:

In March 2009, we plan to release a FREE update which enables networking.
With networking, players will be also be able to experience the Swing Controller interface when connected to a PC/Mac computer with access to a Wi-fi network.

Networking has been disabled for the initial release due to a problem resuming a network game after a communication loss has been detected (and with energy saving mobile devices, this happens quite often). Disconnected players must be able to rejoin a game in progress, and we'll work day and night on the networking stack until we've made it rock solid. Zen Yes take pride in the quality of our software, and we do not wish to provide a feature which isn't 100% robust. On the plus side, you can practise your swings in the initial release before networking is available. When the time comes to play against your friends, you'll be a world class player."

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
02-02-2009, 10:30 PM
the math and such behind the programing makes the movements look smooth as butter

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss
02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
I will purchase this in March when it's updated.
02-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Screenshots are just horrible. Even with the multiplayer I don't think it is worth it. There are way better tennis games out there to be spending your money on this.
02-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Orange View Post
Screenshots are just horrible. Even with the multiplayer I don't think it is worth it. There are way better tennis games out there to be spending your money on this.
There is a Lite version called "Tie-Break edition" you can try.
And to be honest, once you get past the scarecrow stance, its actually quite decent. Still nowhere near the pillar of excellence that is Virtua Tennis, but is alright. I'm playing it alot more than Touchsports Tennis and Ace Tennis Online.
But boy oh boy, it took me a long time to get used to those models. Yuk :P but at least the developers have acknowledged our feedback and is working on it.
02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post
There is a Lite version called "Tie-Break edition" you can try.
And to be honest, once you get past the scarecrow stance, its actually quite decent. Still nowhere near the pillar of excellence that is Virtua Tennis, but is alright. I'm playing it alot more than Touchsports Tennis and Ace Tennis Online.
But boy oh boy, it took me a long time to get used to those models. Yuk :P but at least the developers have acknowledged our feedback and is working on it.

I support ZenYes, to the fullest, give them time if you'd like or whatever, but this game was worth the $4.99, easily; and yes the character models do that in game when standing idle, but the dev plans to update graphics next month, for now though unless you use this app as a screensaver you won't notice that one "weird" pose muchsince you'll be controlling the slickest, most responsive and fast gameplay on iPotch!
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
This game plays fast and smooth. The physics and framerate are outstanding. Once the graphics are touched up this will be the best tennis game in the AppStore.

Yep