★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tecstar Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 65.5 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Action Cat 3D is a fun arcade style game.

You are 'Action Cat', a crazy, fun loving cat obsessed with collecting shiny blue coins!

Explore the cartoon town in a full 3D environment. Enjoy full, unrestricted movement in this enjoyable 3D virtual world. You can't help but to love the music in this game!

Action Cat 3D is an arcade style game for those people who want a little more than a simple puzzle, but don't have all day to sink into a full rpg, or other complex game.

Nekcik's comments:

Looks fun
02-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Looks great!
Nice simple graphics and cute cat. I love cats

Hakuna Matata

02-23-2010, 10:08 PM
wow! this game looks very cool
02-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm a huge sucker for anything cat-related, non-abusive of course, so I think I'm gonna TOFTT!

Impressions later!
02-23-2010, 10:31 PM
Impressions? This looks kinda funny

Is there a plot, or do you just mess around as an aimless cat, which I think would be hilarious and relaxing at the same time

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
02-24-2010, 12:02 AM
So far, I get the feeling of a watered-down 'Simpsons Hit & Run'. The environments remind of said game, to an extent, but they can be rather drab. I think the game could definitely benefit from some mission-based gameplay/more interactive environments(think 'trampolines, car surfing, etc.).

The game has an open city for you to explore, sure, but the city is rather sparse(content-wise) and that can add up to a pretty generic gaming experience. Don't get me wrong. I think that there is a lot of potential in this game as it already has the layout for a hit & run style gameplay.

As a note to the developer, I would add specific missions to the gameplay, as well as short cut scenes here and there, as needed, if possible.

There are a few short-comings that I would suggest changing slightly, namely, the game speed seems rather sluggish if you are not running(the main character [a cat]) and also I think that the cat should either lose energy(life) while in the water and/or the cat should have a swimming animation while in the water, as right now he/she runs with the same animation whether in water or on land.

These are all after-thoughts of playing the game for fifteen minutes or so, so maybe I'll get more out of it with further inspection.
02-27-2010, 06:45 PM
--> Game Creator

Hello Everyone,

First of all, thank you so much for posting this.
I am the game creator, and want to make sure I make this game series as fun and exciting as possible for everyone.

Danrel, I especially want to thank you for you opinions.
And, you have guessed our next plan of action.

Basically, we have put down a framework that will allow us to go in multiple directions, so far, we are thinking of going in this direction ...

1. Arcade style games - Add larger cities, more things to collect, more music, fun graphics. This style of game will remain simple for people that just want to have a quick fun game playing session.

2. Mission/Objective Based Arcade Games - Much larger cities, objectives, 'quests', etc... more items, an inventory system, lots of enemies, more attacks, etc... This style of game will really turn into the larger action games. In fact we have one coming out within a few weeks called 'Town Defender' that uses the action cat framework in a different way.

Action Cat will move into an immense cartoon city with cartoon
- Dogs, Cats, Aliens, Dinosaurs, birds and bunnies.

There will be more actions, and in general, just more gameplay.

I really appreciate comments, and invite anyone to personally email me with any ideas or concerns that they might have,

Thanks again everyone!

02-27-2010, 06:51 PM
--> Free code for next 5 people that pm me!

Just for fun,
Next 5 people that PM me get a free code to this game, and if you already bought it, I will give you a free code to our other game instead ...

Thanks all,

02-27-2010, 06:53 PM
interesting im a dog fan my self.. but ill add this to my appshopper want list.. for the next update keep up the hard work devs..