★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Antivirus - New TD

02-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Antivirus - New TD

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302331458&mt=8

An interesting new Tower Defense has come. At $1.99, it doesn't look TOO bad. It looks like you use icons from the iphone to attack incoming viruses. Anyone care to TOFTT

Quote:
Malware, Spyware and Trojans are attacking through your internet connection!

Use the power of you iDevice to raise your WiFi, Firewall and Barricade defenses while you blast Viruses off your Springboard with an arsenal of offensive Apps like the Laser Scanner and System Cutter!

With four different internet configurations, against ten different Virus types, you have ten App countermeasures all upgradable in capabilities to help you fend off this assault on your hardware.

Simple user-friendly interface and a wealth of strategic options make managing your hardware easier, but it’s your skill that will harness this power and keep your iDevice free of infection!

You love your iDevice, protect it and unlock its full potential to cleanse the internet of these marauders once and for all!

This is the most fun you’l ever have for less than the cost of a pizza!

You pay for the app, but the addiction comes free.

And for that there is no cure.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread

Last edited by salsamd; 02-02-2009 at 11:04 PM.
02-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coconutbowling View Post
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=302331458&mt=8

An interesting new Tower Defense has come. At $1.99, it doesn't look TOO bad. It looks like you use icons from the iphone to attack incoming viruses. Anyone care to TOFTT
Thanks for posting, I was just looking at that! Looks pretty cool. Let's see if someone TOFTT

02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Looks interesting to say the least...really creative idea, but they should have made it look more like an actual springboard

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-02-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks totally ugly to me.

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..
02-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post

I agree completely.
02-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
I'm in the middle of chem hw atm, but if this isn't TOFTTed by the time I'm finished (1-2 hours), I'll hop on it.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
02-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Really great idea, but it could use a lot of polish. I hope to see this one get some updates in the future!

In a way, it reminds me a little bit of the Animator vs. Animation flash series, by Alan Becker.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Send a message via AIM to s0mah Send a message via Yahoo to s0mah
Here is my quick review:

poor graphics + poor sound + poor documentation = don't purchase

What you see in the screenshots is exactly what you get. I had hoped for a motes type game, but motes kills this by miles.

Stuff moves from the top of the screen, in a predetermined path, and you build stuff to (in theory) interfere with that movement. Your stuff, or towers, or whatever, are purchased with energy that is also used as your life bar. The various towers are priced by a blue colored gradient while your health is green, so have guessing. I didn't.

The instructions are worthless, so placing towers is trial and error AFAIK.

By guessing, I managed to lay out a few towers. One called SCANNER, shot a laser that killed, another called DELETE, did nothing. Something I built was firing off little stars that never seemed to hit anything, and I had something else called FIREWALL, which may have frozen something. Who knows.

blah blah blah

The game sounds like this:

BEEP BLOOOP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BLOOP

The music sounds like this:

nothing

Anyways, it's $1.99 for this game, which is not really that much. Punching yourself in the face is free, and atm, is probably the better deal.

twitter @ here
teh myspace @ &here
02-03-2009, 01:28 AM
Dang, so now we have Antivirus and INKoming! on the list of recent crappy TD games.

Thanks for the review s0mah.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-03-2009, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by your personal robot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhenry114 View Post
I agree completely.
Hmm, I love TD games, but I'll have to wait till I hear other people review this one. Can't say that it looks all that good. Maybe it has really fun gameplay?