★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Solar Blaster - anyone tried yet?

10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Solar Blaster - anyone tried yet?

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292419431&mt=8

Looks like it could be a fun (kind-of) FPS. Could use a video to really tell how the controls handle (Neon Surge - are you listening ). But for $0.99, and from the same people as Solar Quest & LED Football, it's probably okay.

Any opinions??
10-06-2008, 04:00 PM
Send a message via AIM to macbookairman Send a message via Yahoo to macbookairman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosui View Post
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=292419431&mt=8

Looks like it could be a fun (kind-of) FPS. Could use a video to really tell how the controls handle (Neon Surge - are you listening ). But for $0.99, and from the same people as Solar Quest & LED Football, it's probably okay.

Any opinions??
i bought it. so far i like it. so far its fun for a few minutes (at a time). But i'm sure the developer will add more to the game. for $0.99, I'd buy it. I will try to make a video of it, but i can't make any guarantees.

one note: i did horrible the first time i played it (i only blew up like 3 planets) and i was ranked 13 in the world. so....its gonna take awhile for the online ranking to be accurate. cause i'm like the only one on there now.

Last edited by macbookairman; 10-06-2008 at 04:08 PM.
10-06-2008, 04:03 PM
downloading now. might be a little while before I can try it though
10-06-2008, 04:25 PM
solar blaster

first impressions are that its not bad for $1. it definitely shows that the ipod touch can do FPS pretty well. I actually think its pretty fun for a few minutes at a time. it controls well and looks good. It would be nice if there were more types of enemies. definitely a start of something. Hopefully they will work on adding more to it or use it as a building block for future FPSs. I think the ipod touch is the perfect platform for FPS's. Lets hope this is the start of something!!
10-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Does it make you feel like you're sitting in one of the pods of the Millennium Falcon? Cause that's what I want
10-06-2008, 04:35 PM
definitely a good start. but it needs some enemies! Those vicious space cubes won't keep us busy for too long...

controls and looks great though.