★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: X-Plane Extreme is out!

02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
X-Plane Extreme is out!

Ta da!

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303725672&mt=8

I was hoping for a sale, like they did with Helicopter and Airliner. It's probably worth it still.

Edit: Holy crap, it looks awesome!

Last edited by salsamd; 02-03-2009 at 12:25 AM.
02-03-2009, 12:01 AM
looks pretty cool, i might buy, i hope it's not exactly the same as the others except w/ military planes

02-03-2009, 12:03 AM
If I decide to get one of them, this version will be it!
02-03-2009, 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushMyNoseOff View Post
If I decide to get one of them, this version will be it!
Yea I have the original and love it, but I might just have to get this... I was hoping for a launch sale though...

Gamecenter:1337brian
02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
I don't see any proof, other than you used magic! Your mod voodoo
Ahhh! it's happening again! help!

02-03-2009, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337brian View Post
I don't see any proof, other than you used magic! Your mod voodoo
I erased those posts. Now you just look crazy.
02-03-2009, 12:08 AM
I know this WILL sound like a stupid question but ummmm what exactly is the point of this game? I don't mean to knock it...I just really want to know cuz if it's really all that good then I'll think about getting it....so is there a point or do you just fly around looking at pilots guages and technical stuff? Is it a game??? I always thought the x-plane "games" were more like a chore (BUT THEN AGAIN I NEVER PLAYED IT JUST LOOKED AT SCREENSHOTS) like something a pilot could appreciate but not the everyday gamer.....now come and scream at me!! but really! What is this THING!???? AND IS IT BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHER X-PLANE GAMES?
THANKS......TO ALL
02-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotYou View Post
I erased those posts. Now you just look crazy.
I know, it's a conspiracy!
Either that or it never really happened?...
I guess only you and I know the real truth...

02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by field5 View Post
I know this WILL sound like a stupid question but ummmm what exactly is the point of this game? I don't mean to knock it...I just really want to know cuz if it's really all that good then I'll think about getting it....so is there a point or do you just fly around looking at pilots guages and technical stuff? Is it a game??? I always thought the x-plane "games" were more like a chore (BUT THEN AGAIN I NEVER PLAYED IT JUST LOOKED AT SCREENSHOTS) like something a pilot could appreciate but not the everyday gamer.....now come and scream at me!! but really! What is this THING!???? AND IS IT BETTER THAN ALL THE OTHER X-PLANE GAMES?
THANKS......TO ALL
It's not actually a game. It's a flight simulator. It's in the game section of the app store, so it's a bit misleading. This one seems to be more of a game than the others though. It has jets that fly set paths along with you.
02-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by field5 View Post
THANKS......TO ALL
It's an almost true to life flight sim, or about as close as you could without a real yoke and flight stick... There are no "real" objectives.... Well don't crash is the only one I guess... I like the original enough