★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Timothy Braun
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: #7 Top 100 Arcade Games - US
#12 Top 100 Action Games - US
#36 Top 100 Games - US
#72 Top 100 Apps - US

"...a highly addictive experience that I think everyone should try." - MyAppAddiction.com

"Love the idea, love the game, buy it, you wont be disappointed." - 4.5 out of 5 - AppVader.com

"It took me a few minutes to get the idea of the game, but once I did, I was really impressed." - NpMartin - AppStore Review

"It is seriously addictive... like crack." - MetalGear753 - AppStore Review

Ascent is OpenFeint enabled!

Do you have what it takes to ascend from the center of the earth to the extents of the universe? Prepare to lose hours of your life as you become addicted to one of the most popular game styles on the iPhone. Featuring beautiful graphics, quick gameplay and never ending replay value.

Full OpenFeint integration including:
- Complete list of Achievements
- Leader Boards
- Challenges

We are already in the process of adding an update including new themes, new mine types, new challenges and play styles. Keep an eye out for this and more.

Are you up to the challenge?
02-28-2010, 08:15 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,083
it's free now

03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 345
Well there seems to be a bug with two achievements in this game. The 75,000 feet and 100,000 feet achievement will not unlock after you have completed them.

I wonder if the developer knows?

"You've gotta love the game. To become good, you need to live it and sleep it.

Game Center ID: GoldenBoyJC
03-02-2010, 11:45 AM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Boy View Post
Well there seems to be a bug with two achievements in this game. The 75,000 feet and 100,000 feet achievement will not unlock after you have completed them.

I wonder if the developer knows?
Golden Boy,

Thanks for giving us a heads up on the achievements. I will definitely look into it and post an update as soon as possible. We also have some exciting other changes in the works. Including some new mine types, accelerometer input and improved performance on older generation devices.

Thanks again,
Tim
03-02-2010, 12:02 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
Any impressions of this game ?
03-02-2010, 12:06 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
Any impressions of this game ?
I enjoy it but my opinion may be biased.

Seriously looking for feedback though. I want to make sure it's a game that's enjoyable and not a bother.

Tim
03-02-2010, 12:42 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,166
I just tried this game and it's fun. I can't get the leaderboards working though. When I press the openfeint button, I am only able to challenge a friend. Am I missing something ?

Edit: never mind, I found it

Nice pick up and play !!
03-02-2010, 01:03 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I just tried this game and it's fun. I can't get the leaderboards working though. When I press the openfeint button, I am only able to challenge a friend. Am I missing something ?

Edit: never mind, I found it

Nice pick up and play !!
Cranker,
Thanks for the feedback. I am glad you are enjoying it and were able to get to the leaderboards.

Tim
03-02-2010, 04:53 PM
#9
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparetimeapps View Post
Golden Boy,

Thanks for giving us a heads up on the achievements. I will definitely look into it and post an update as soon as possible. We also have some exciting other changes in the works. Including some new mine types, accelerometer input and improved performance on older generation devices.

Thanks again,
Tim
I hope a fix for the achievements come soon. It's very frustrating to get those high scores and not be rewarded

As for accelerometer input, what would that be pertaining to. I like the touch screen controls as is. I hope you do not plan on replacing them.

"You've gotta love the game. To become good, you need to live it and sleep it.

Game Center ID: GoldenBoyJC
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
#10
The fix for the achievements will come very soon. We are waiting on Apple to approve our current update which fixes the background music. Once that is approved, we will submit another update to address the achievements and add a new mine type.

If we add accelerometer support, it will be an optional input method available from the pause menu. The current touch only input style will be the default and still available. The accelerometer input method will use a targeting reticle with a touch anywhere grapple. You will move the targeting reticle using the accelerometer. This is the current theory. How it works in reality, we don't know yet.

Thanks again for the feedback. If you have any more questions or comments, feel free to post here or contact us on Twitter at @SpareTimeApps.

Thanks,
Tim